Low Carbonation after 3 weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgraber

Reaction score
I have the AHS Southern Brown Ale that's been conditioning for 3 weeks now. I opened one last night and it is lightly carbed. I'm assuming I just need to wait longer. I used 4.5oz corn sugar for it and let it condition at 74.

Usually that would long enough but I'd give it a bit more time. I just started drinking a red that after 3 weeks the carbonation was okay and it still had a yeasty taste and by week 4.5 it was good.

That's what I figured too but I'll just give it more time. I've got a couple others I can drink for now.

Usually that would long enough but I'd give it a bit more time. I just started drinking a red that after 3 weeks the carbonation was okay and it still had a yeasty taste and by week 4.5 it was good.

If a beer isn't carbed by "x number of weeks" you just have to give them ore time. If you added your sugar, then the beer will carb up eventually, it's really a foolroof process. All beers will carb up eventually. A lot of new brewers think they have to "troubleshoot" a bottling issue, when there really is none, the beer knows how to carb itself. In fact if you run beersmiths carbing calculator, some lower grav beers don't even require additional sugar to reach their minimum level of carbonation. Just time.

Back