Low bitterness high aroma?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildrebel

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a good extract kit that has low bitterness and High aromas? I love the aromas of say a Hazed and Infused and like how the IBUs are low. Please help I'm running out of homebrew!!

The less time the hops are boiled, the more aroma and less bitterness that will be imparted.

I also like high aroma, low bitterness. American Pale Ale is probably the style that most closely resembles it. You can take any APA recipe and make your own hop addition schedule to get to a lower IBU while using the same amount of hops. Or add in more late-addition hops.

Estimate IBUs with beercalculus: http://beercalculus.hopville.com/recipe or a program like Beersmith.

Also, dry-hopping adds aroma and no bitterness.

Jamil's evil twin is a late hopped amber ale. I made it and loved the flavor. Its available as a kit @ northern brewer. Very hoppy but low bitterness.

You can buy an APA kit and only boil the bittering add 30 minutes to reduce the IBUs about 25%.

Back