Love2Brew going out of business

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadwolfbones

Reaction score
Hello Love2brew Crew,

I'm writing to you today to inform you that Love2brew will be closing our retail and online sales operations on March 31st, 2019 at the latest.

It's time for Mark and myself to begin the next chapters of our journey. We founded Love2brew in 2011 excited and focused on spreading the joy of homebrewing and community in our home state and beyond. In many respects, we feel that we have succeeded in our purpose.

We will both forever be grateful for all of the support, friendship, and feedback you have offered over the years. All of you have made a permanent impact on our lives. Together we share credit for building one of the fasting growing Homebrew Supply companies ever to exist. Thank you.

It's essential that we recognize our team throughout the years who made it all possible. Bobby, Rachel, Ila, Tom, Andrew, Matt, and Andzrej (Andrew) - thank you for all of your efforts over the past seven years. We could not have done it without you.

We'll be winding down our inventory over the next two months with sales and discounts - we recommend not waiting too long to take advantage as we will not be restocking non-ingredient items. This sale will also apply to our retail location.

It's bittersweet writing this but like any good story, every new chapter brings the present one to an end. So here we are.

In appreciation,

2HtGVSps_05q-HMQ7FbFIuZaUfHwgx0_OpjbVrYh89l4UJYUQzZurFbc722hJfYWuGlK23Gzr3cSWI9G9DdoeUiIZtcHJi9WBTQyH5Fl26oWeHoMUCMOkMa3lIb0ROQaWLYIsJzVUZLi=s0-d-e1-ft

Ron Rivers
Love2brew​

Well this really sucks. I was psyched when you opened your Paterson store, and bummed when you closed it. But I never thought the whole operation was at risk! Geez... Very sorry to hear this. :(

I saw over on Reddit that a current employee and a few other local area homebrewers are going to takeover the operation and keep it going. Great news for the local community of homebrewers.

Yep! They're shutting down for a week on 2/4 for the handover, then should be right back to business.

So what's the deal?
There are two locations - one in Paterson and another location off Rte 1 in North Brunswick. I'm assuming the Paterson store will close and re-consolidate to the Brunswick L2B - or both locations are still open after a short hiatus?
I'm a bit slow. Someone point me in the right direction on this one.

So what's the deal?
There are two locations - one in Paterson and another location off Rte 1 in North Brunswick. I'm assuming the Paterson store will close and re-consolidate to the Brunswick L2B - or both locations are still open after a short hiatus?
I'm a bit slow. Someone point me in the right direction on this one.
Paterson has been closed for a year.

Yeah, the Paterson store has been closed for a while. I think they had an issue with the lease.

I'm *SO* glad they decided to reopen the North Brunswick location. Hopefully, the new staff will be as good as the old one with keeping fresh ingredients, keeping great prices, offering in-depth knowledge, and having a great selection.

The Paterson shop closed because the property owner wanted to covert it to some other use, and would have allowed L2B to stay only with a major rent increase. So they had little choice but to shutter the operation. Bummer, because while it was technically Paterson, it was literally on the Fair Lawn border so not a sketchy area at all.

Did anyone order during the liquidation sale? I received the same email about them shutting down for the week to process orders and such, but I haven't received any information other than that about my order (besides the automated confirmation). I had never otherwise ordered through them, and did not have an account set up when I ordered ( since hey, they were going out of business anyway). But it has been 10 days since I placed, and I am wondering if anyone else who has ordered is still waiting?

Perhaps I'm just vastly underestimating the amount of online orders that came in.

Did anyone order during the liquidation sale? I received the same email about them shutting down for the week to process orders and such, but I haven't received any information other than that about my order (besides the automated confirmation). I had never otherwise ordered through them, and did not have an account set up when I ordered ( since hey, they were going out of business anyway). But it has been 10 days since I placed, and I am wondering if anyone else who has ordered is still waiting?

Perhaps I'm just vastly underestimating the amount of online orders that came in.

phone.png
Talk to an expert
1-888-654-5511

Yeah I’ve debated contacting them directly but thought I’d just ask here first to see if I was on my own in this, or if other folks were experiencing the same.

Latest posts

Back