love ts3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

lpdb185

Reaction score
anybody else got one? i talked with a tech at dwyer yesterday and ended up getting one to run my keezer i'm about to build. the bonus is that it looks super sweet and it was only $50. i was curious if anyone else had one and could say how they wired it up. if not, i guess i'll post some pics of it. with this baby being only $50, i imagine it'll be pretty popular.

here's a pic of it:

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
anybody else got one? i talked with a tech at dwyer yesterday and ended up getting one to run my keezer i'm about to build. the bonus is that it looks super sweet and it was only $50. i was curious if anyone else had one and could say how they wired it up. if not, i guess i'll post some pics of it. with this baby being only $50, i imagine it'll be pretty popular.

here's a pic of it:
This would do it:

Love_TS3_wiring.jpg

OP
lpdb185

lpdb185

Reaction score
sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the wiring help. the probe i got with it has two wires and the diagram on my controller has a third input on the probe side. the extra one shows to be a switch. which wire would go there, or would it matter?

Walker

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
sorry for the late reply, but thanks for the wiring help. the probe i got with it has two wires and the diagram on my controller has a third input on the probe side. the extra one shows to be a switch. which wire would go there, or would it matter?
Can you post a pic of it?

It's possible that the controller can use multiple types of probes, and some probes have three wires.

Bitterbrush

Reaction score
I just got this controller for my keezer. Not sure about the wiring for the probe, like OP said it has this switch in the probe diagram. Any ideas?

ClaudiusB

Reaction score
I just got this controller for my keezer. Not sure about the wiring for the probe, like OP said it has this switch in the probe diagram. Any ideas?

The TSX3 has a switch not the TS3

From the manual
The digital input can be used to remotely trigger a defrost cycle, monitor cooler door status, or act as an external alarm.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Walker

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Does there need to be a jumper from #7 to #9 or is it internal ? Getting ready to wire my LOVE TS 3 and test ...
there are internal connections.

pins 7 and 9 form a "normally closed" switch, which means that (normally) the voltage applied to pin 9 is available on pin 7.

When the controller triggers the relay, then the connection between pins 9 and 7 are broken, and a new connection between pins 9 and 8 is formed.

So...

trigger point not reached = pin 7 is "live" and connected to pin 9 (internally). pin 8 is not connected to anything.

trigger point reached = pin 8 is "live" and connected to pin 9 (internally). pin 7 is not connected to anything.

Catt22

Reaction score
Does there need to be a jumper from #7 to #9 or is it internal ? Getting ready to wire my LOVE TS 3 and test ...
You will need a jumper (hot) from #6 to #9 in order to power the relay. There is no internal connection.

The relay is the double throw type. Typically for cooling applications you will want to connect your fridge/freezer to the #8 terminal (normally open). This will cause the relay to close and supply power on with a rise in temperature. You would use terminal #7 for a heating application where you would want the relay to open with a rise temperature.

Bean

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How do you like the TS3, lpdb? I'm between the TS3 and the TS2, I know there is only a 5 dollar difference but I'm unsure if the added features will hinder more than help.