Love TS2 program help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtrevino

Reaction score
I have a side by side that i have converted the freezer into a kegerator and the fridge side to a fermentation chamber. I have removed the damper on the fridge side and put a 120vac fan in its place so that i can, in theory, equalize both sides. For now i am trying to get the badic programing in order and would like the a TSS2 to keep the freezer side (sp1) at 37 and the fridge side (sp2) at 50. I Am having a hell of a time getting the program correct. Can anyone help?

I did not think the Love worked that way. I thought the setpoints defined the temp range only. I would have thought two controllers would be needed. I'm subscribing to learn if this is possible.

I don't think it's possible to make it work with the TS2 as it is only a single input unit (single probe). The TSS2 accepts two probes and it has two internal relays. The way I envision it set up would be to have one probe/relay controlling the freezer section and the second probe/relay controlling the fan. The probe/relay on the fridge side would operate the fan as needed to blow air in from the colder freezer side. You could also do the same with two TS2's I suppose, but it would have been a lot cheaper to use the single TSS2. I have no idea how well this would actually work, but it seems like it would be doable. Shirley someone out there has tried this.

Now that you changed the reference to TSS2, the next question is whether you actually have two probes. You can trigger both output relays with a single probe, but not to control two different environments. That's where two probes come in.

In my clouded beer mind last night I meant to ask for helpmwith a TSS2. I am trying to get sp1 to control the freezer (left side/compressor) and then sp2 will operate the 120vac fan when sp2 calls for cooling on the refrigerator (right side). This way I can in theory have the right side at temps equal to the left or higher then the right.

In my clouded beer mind last night I meant to ask for helpmwith a TSS2. I am trying to get sp1 to control the freezer (left side/compressor) and then sp2 will operate the 120vac fan when sp2 calls for cooling on the refrigerator (right side). This way I can in theory have the right side at temps equal to the left or higher then the right.

So, what exactly is the problem? We might be able to advise if you provide more detail on how you currently have the parameters set up and how the wiring/probes are configured.

Sp1 is in the freezer side and sp2 is in the fridge side. Terminals 1,2,3 for the thermos; 4 is the neutral, 5 is hot, 6 is blank; 7 is hot and 8 is going to power the freezer/compressor; 10 is hot and 11 is going to power the 120vac fan.

R0 - IND
R1 - 2 degrees
R2 - 2 degrees
C0 - 30 minute delay
C1 - DIR
C2 - DIR
P5 - 2

My problem is that the sp2 does not power on the fan when the temp rises 2 degrees above the set point

I think I see the problem. The CO parameter is set too high and this is preventing the second relay from closing when desired. Try setting the CO to four minutes for starters. This is the anti short cycle delay and no power will be supplied by either relay until the 30 minute delay is satisfied the way you currently have it configured. If that doesn't get you going, post back and will give it another go.

Catt22 is probably right but to verify, the LED for SP2 should blink when it's trying to activate but is being restricted by the C0. It would be nice if the C0 was split between the relays but it's apparently a universal setting. 5 minutes should be plenty and this is the perfect situation where buffering the probe in the freezer in a couple ounces of glycol (or water if you never plan for SP1<32F) would ensure that opening that area for a couple minutes will not immediately call for cooling.

Back