Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

betarhoalphadelta

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So... bogied the hole? :rolleyes:

Brew on :mug:
LOL... I sent it to one of my playing partners and he just replied... "Nice par." I thought that was cold lol...

I made birdie.

Dayum. I hit one almost that far once, but I got a bounce on a cart path :)
I've had a few "cart path assist" 300s in my day :D

davidabcd

Detroit, Mi.
Reaction score
I never understood the desire to stand in almost the direct line of fire regardless of who's hitting the ball.
What if someone's severely hungover or they caught a spouse cheating in the last 24 hours?
No thank you.

Last edited:

TheDudeLebowski

Reaction score
I find that a lot. Keep it simple. Don't think too much. Aim for the middle of the green. As soon as I try to bend or shape the ball i sink. Maybe if I master the hitting the ball straight and to the middle of the green i can get fancy. Brain is a huge enemy with trying to do too much. Get to my wedge off the tee and then try to hit middle of my green bored me tho. I see water!

Last edited:

davidabcd

Detroit, Mi.
Reaction score
hit the ball better than usual.
I've notice that as well. There's something about walking away for a minute and then coming back refreshed. It applies to studying a subject and solving problems as well. Maybe it could apply to a hand-eye type of activity.
It SEEMS that one shed the negative during the absence and keeps the positive.

applescrap

Be the ball!
Reaction score
Last month a friend of friend got steamed rolled by the secret service. Said he was really nice. He's always up in Maine. I use to easily do 2 hr rounds at my clubView attachment 739892
That's super cool. He seems like someone who would be fun to have a beer with. His father on a golf course not so much. Hw's golf rules were no talking, and no laughing. Quite a golfing story here, his grandfather, paternal, was president of the usga in case one didnt know. And his great grandfather maternal was to, that's what the w and hw is all about. George herbert walker was usga president, and they named the walker cup after him.

applescrap

Be the ball!
Reaction score
Sucks, thought we were going to move and changed mind so took simulator down, and need to put it back up. Also havent played much. Went out two weeks ago and shot 84 with 6 3 putts so super happy. The touch with putter and short game goes first. Glad to see everyone playing and hitting some good shots. I am working on a more piercing ball flight. It seems more accurate then a ballooning ball flight, but i would be cool with either if they work.

OP
passedpawn
Reaction score
I LOVE this ball retriever. My last one fell apart completely. It was that sort that you cock, then it snaps closed around the ball. It worked OK, so I used it for years.

But this replacement is FAR SUPERIOR. It's a little heavier (bad), extends a lot farther (don't really care about that), but it's DYNOMITE at picking up the ball. Nothing to cock afterwards, feels like it'll last forever. No springs, snapping gizmos. We'll see about that. The thing is so simple, literally one moving part and no springs. Great engineering is a sight to behold.

Amazon.com : Callaway "15th Club Golf Ball Retriever for Water, Telescopic to 15' with Dual-Zip Headcover : Golf Ball Retrievers : Sports & Outdoors

TheDudeLebowski

Reaction score
Went up to Maine for a couple of days and hit a course on my bucket list. Nice warm days and cool nights. Course had a little bit of a challenge for a resort course. Back tees had multiple 200+ par 3's. Greens were firm. Par 71 to make you feel good :)

Couldn't preview my pix so here half of em
IMG_20211012_163253.jpg
IMG_20211012_131436.jpg
IMG_20211012_124021.jpg
IMG_20211012_123331.jpg
IMG_20211012_123317.jpg
IMG_20211012_123314.jpg
IMG_20211012_104441.jpg
IMG_20211012_111042.jpg
IMG_20211012_111037.jpg
IMG_20211012_104542.jpg
IMG_20211012_102358.jpg
IMG_20211012_103757.jpg
IMG_20211012_102348.jpg
IMG_20211012_095700.jpg
IMG_20211012_123417.jpg

Last edited:

betarhoalphadelta

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I played a week and a half ago at a regulation course (par 72, ~6200y, rtg 69.4 slope 123) and shot a 90.

Probably my best ever 18 hole score, and that includes a 69 on a par 60 exec course because I just can't rate my game on an exec course in the same way I do on a real length course.

applescrap

Be the ball!
Reaction score
I LOVE this ball retriever. My last one fell apart completely. It was that sort that you cock, then it snaps closed around the ball. It worked OK, so I used it for years.

But this replacement is FAR SUPERIOR. It's a little heavier (bad), extends a lot farther (don't really care about that), but it's DYNOMITE at picking up the ball. Nothing to cock afterwards, feels like it'll last forever. No springs, snapping gizmos. We'll see about that. The thing is so simple, literally one moving part and no springs. Great engineering is a sight to behold.

Amazon.com : Callaway "15th Club Golf Ball Retriever for Water, Telescopic to 15' with Dual-Zip Headcover : Golf Ball Retrievers : Sports & Outdoors
Back when I had one, I would come to a heavy loaded spot and be there for an hour grabbing dozens😂😂😂miss those days, need a new one. I remember a lot of people would notice it and have some smart a... comment about how it defined me as a golfer. Mind you they are the first to ask to borrow it😁. I never paid any attention and smiled when I pulled free prov1s out of my bag. Thanks for posting the link, will check it out.

TheDudeLebowski

Reaction score
It is. It's a working harbor and you see every kind of boat. The course is on a nice lot of land with elevation. The fairways may look open but theyre shaped for challenges. Trees are there for a reason and there's a couple of streams that meander at 200 yds. The back nine goes up and back into the woods but keeps giving glimpses of the harbor. One of the greens where I didn't bring the camera a beautiful sailboat was going by and as I walked off the green and looked down off the cliff a couple of lobster boats were pulling up traps.

The turf was in great shape. Usually being on the coast you get a little crusty or wild but it was pure on and off the green. Great weather too. Almost a little bit but then crisp fall nights and maybe some fog in the morning.

You can rent that cabin in the 9th and 3rd pic. it was avail and at a great rate. Just a little above a dirt cheap rate we got for our room. I told my buddy if I was forced to do "together time" I'd be more than happy sitting on the deck cooking, eating and drinking. Only issue would be to get three couples agree to go in together.

OP
passedpawn
Reaction score
It is. It's a working harbor and you see every kind of boat. The course is on a nice lot of land with elevation. The fairways may look open but theyre shaped for challenges. Trees are there for a reason and there's a couple of streams that meander at 200 yds. The back nine goes up and back into the woods but keeps giving glimpses of the harbor. One of the greens where I didn't bring the camera a beautiful sailboat was going by and as I walked off the green and looked down off the cliff a couple of lobster boats were pulling up traps.

The turf was in great shape. Usually being on the coast you get a little crusty or wild but it was pure on and off the green. Great weather too. Almost a little bit but then crisp fall nights and maybe some fog in the morning.

You can rent that cabin in the 9th and 3rd pic. it was avail and at a great rate. Just a little above a dirt cheap rate we got for our room. I told my buddy if I was forced to do "together time" I'd be more than happy sitting on the deck cooking, eating and drinking. Only issue would be to get three couples agree to go in together.
Oh man, rent a cabin on that course? Talk about heaven.