Love controller problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordie

Reaction score
I've got 2 Love TS controllers in my brew rig and they're both acting strange. In trying to set my temp it seems to be wanting me to enter the setting temp in degrees Celsius instead of F.

The display appears to be reading F and the unit has a big F on it, but when I got to set my temp it goes up to 150* and then to -50* (the Celsius range for the probe).

Anyone else have this problem?

Gordie

You need to go into setup and change the maximum temperature. The default is 150F so it rolls over when you try to go higher.

lovecontroller.jpg

I am having trouble wiring my Love controller. Not to hijack this, but I have a solenoid valve that runs on 120VAC. I have hooked the valve up to 120VAC and it does work. When I hook it up to the love controller, I cant get the valve to open or close. I can hear the relay inside the controller clicking, but nothing with the valve.

Can some one tell me where I hook the wires from the valve to make this work?

lovecontroller.jpg

I am having trouble wiring my Love controller. Not to hijack this, but I have a solenoid valve that runs on 120VAC. I have hooked the valve up to 120VAC and it does work. When I hook it up to the love controller, I cant get the valve to open or close. I can hear the relay inside the controller clicking, but nothing with the valve.

Can some one tell me where I hook the wires from the valve to make this work?

You need to run a 120V hot to terminal 10 and one lead of your solenoid to either terminal 9 or 11 (depending how you want it to operate) then run the other solenoid lead to your 120V Common

Right - I actually figured it out almost 90 seconds after posting this... crikey, you guys are fast...

And what wihophead said should clear up your wiring.

New problem. I have found the probe sensor they send with the unit is 5' long. I need another three feet the way I have it ran. I talked to the guy at Dwyer (they make the controller). He said I could, just crimp some extra wire to the end of the ones that came with the sensor and it would work and NOT affect my readings.

Has any one tried this?

Sean

New here, but if the probe is just feeding back a voltage to the box, it seems it would be fine. If it's feeding a temperature back like an indoor/outdoor thermometer, probably not. From the looks of the screw posts on the back of the control box, I'd say hook up some speaker wire as a jumper. I doubt it would skew readings until you got to the hundreds of feet of jumper.

I would solder the extended wire splices then add shrink tube across the joints vs crimping. Less apt to have a higher resistance problems later on should moisture and corrosion set inside the crimp giving false probe readings. Prevent a future problem before it can start as false resistance readings can screw up your controller function.

Back