Love Controller in Keezer Collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone who has installed a Love, or any other temp controller run into issues with condensation inside the collar over time? I'm rebuilding my keezer and am debating the location of the controller, I have see some replace the stock controller by the compressor and others install them into the collar, I prefer the collar but I don't want to have to replace the controller once a year.

That is very easy to handle. Just cover it with a project box. Here's mine:

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

I actually just built this. My build thread isn't updated as of yet. I need to take a few more pics then will update that thread.

I did not use any sealant but plan to check it this weekend to see if it will be necessary. It'll only take me ten minutes if I do end up needing to seal it. I'm hoping the pressure against the insulation will seal well enough though.

Not a collar mount, but a roughly similar effort that attempts to put a moisture barrier around the controller. Been running since December and there've been plenty of wicked humid days where I had to swamp out the keezer eventually, but no apparently moisture issues wrt the mh1210...

Cheers!

new_keezer_59_sm.jpg

new_keezer_48_sm.jpg

I just bought the same controller for my kezzer. Would you mind sharing how you wired your setup?

I have a dehumidifier in my keezer. Works great. It is one of those desicant bead types that you plug into the wall once it is "used up."

I have one of those in a fermentation chamber and it does work great. I need to get one for my new keezer as well.

I did not use any sealant but plan to check it this weekend to see if it will be necessary. It'll only take me ten minutes if I do end up needing to seal it. I'm hoping the pressure against the insulation will seal well enough though.

I checked it this weekend and there isn't even the remotest sign of moisture getting into the project box.

I checked it this weekend and there isn't even the remotest sign of moisture getting into the project box.

good to hear! I was thinking I would throw some silica packets in the box just for good measure but from the sound of it that might even be over kill.

good to hear! I was thinking I would throw some silica packets in the box just for good measure but from the sound of it that might even be over kill.

My motto is "There is no such thing as overkill." So... might as well do it. Where do you buy those?

Back