Lots of cold break!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just brewed an all grain starter using my mini MLT. I can not believe how much cold break I got from it! I used 2 pounds of 2 row and ended up with about a gallon of wort.
2967-Starter.JPG

Holy Cold Break Batman!

I have wanted to do that too, what did you use for your Mini MLT?

Drizz that avatar rocks!

Cheers

WOP31 said:
Holy Cold Break Batman!
I have wanted to do that too, what did you use for your Mini MLT?
Cheers
I have a 3 gallon cooler with a SS waterline strainer. It works great!
I built it in conjunction with this thread. Warning! It is a very long thread! This thing is fantastic for PM brewing
and now I love it for making wort for starters.
2967-MiniMashsetup.jpg
2967-Installedbraidedline.jpg

That is one light coloured brew there man. About as light as the one I'm drinking now.
Did you just use 2 row or other?

I let my wort settle ( what I don't use for primary ) and can the remainder to be used for starters and almost get that much break after 20 minutes in the pressure cooker.

boo boo said:
That is one light coloured brew there man. About as light as the one I'm drinking now.
Did you just use 2 row or other?

I let my wort settle ( what I don't use for primary ) and can the remainder to be used for starters and almost get that much break after 20 minutes in the pressure cooker.
I used only 2 row. The wort ended up at 1.056 so I will cut it with some water and reboil it before I use it.

Back