Lost

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone watching this Season? Pretty slow. I wonder if Locke is some sort of God?

I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD. So I'm specifically NOT watching this season!

I watched that damn show for the first four seasons and lost interest. From what I hear it isn't that bad this year, but I bet its the same ole' drawn out garbage.

Ugh, They lost be sometime during the second or third season. I liked it at the start, but got tired of the never ending new questions and them never answering any old ones. Then when they did... ugh...

When I watch it, I get lost.

Honestly, I don't watch it all the time, I've missed several episodes, it makes no sense to me but it's still addicting. I can't explain why I like it.

Yeah, still watching it. I mean, it's sort of entertaining, but I get this feeling that the writers on this show started out with the beginning of a concept: a bunch of people stuck on an island that has weird stuff going on. I'm pretty sure that's all they knew when they made the pilot...and everything since has been them trying to guide the story to a point that will both keep the show alive, and appear as they they are moving towards some kind of revelation that will make it all make sense. The problem is, I believe there's a huge black hole where that real plot should be, and now they're just scrambling to try to wrap everything up into something that makes a little sense and justifies/explains the silly side plots that they've been putting out there for the last few years. That's why the current season is "stuck"---because the writers aren't sure where to go next, so they spend their time trying make it seem as though all their little plots from past seasons were really part of some master story...even though they probably weren't.

I think the writers are doing a good job putting it all together, whether or not it was the original plan. I'm really only still watching it to see how it ends though. It's a completely different show than season 1. Also, whenever time travel enters the equation, you are almost guaranteed to have plot holes.

I'm still digging the new season like crazy. Honestly, I think it's the best season since the first. The twists have all been intriguing and it makes a fair amount more sense than season 3. And at least they're answering questions! You all are a bunch of cynics!

Anyone watching this Season? Pretty slow. I wonder if Locke is some sort of God?

I totally disagree.

This season has been one of the best, and IS tying minute scenes from all the past years together, as though they WERE leaving themselves the angles to do it. Like the 4-toed statue from the ancient times, shown very early on, and the 'Temple' that they finally went to last night. They also had jerked into the ancient time, just a couple episodes ago, showing the statue on the shore, before Locke had actually turned the wheel stopping the Island form 'skipping' in time. Notice also that the 'Monster', the black cloud, seems to be in control of the island AND the people. This is finally being shown and expanded, instead of the glimpses over the past 4 or 5 years.

Locke is 'special' but the island 'chose' him.

It is Richard, (the guy that never ages) of the 'Others', that seems extraordinary, by island terms, as though he is an alien or something.

SO, is the island a space ship? Or just WTF? :confused:

As soon as the whole time travel thing happened, it got pretty weird but very intriguing. ;)

I totally disagree.

This season has been one of the best, and IS tying minute scenes from all the past years together, as though they WERE leaving themselves the angles to do it. Like the 4-toed statue from the ancient times, shown very early on, and the 'Temple' that they finally went to last night. They also had jerked into the ancient time, just a couple episodes ago, showing the statue on the shore, before Locke had actually turned the wheel stopping the Island form 'skipping' in time. Notice also that the 'Monster', the black cloud, seems to be in control of the island AND the people. This is finally being shown and expanded, instead of the glimpses over the past 4 or 5 years.

Locke is 'special' but the island 'chose' him.

It is Richard, (the guy that never ages) of the 'Others', that seems extraordinary, by island terms, as though he is an alien or something.

As soon as the whole time travel thing happened, it got pretty weird but very intriguing. ;)

I think the producers already said it wasn't aliens, so I honestly have no idea..

Beats the crap out of most shows around, i used to watch X-files when it was still going on... then came a point where it didnt make much sense anymore so i lost interrest in it.

As for Lost, i love it, only hate it's so slow revealing pace about finally knowing what is really going on with the freaking Island and all.

Indeed it seems like the ones who are making the plot are either stretching the plot and time to be able to make seasons after another for $ sakes or are either kinda confused about how to tie it all up together.

We'll see how it finally ends up, still... it's one of the very few shows i follow closely on TV.

Never thought about that angle. Would explain a lot like how the Island can move.

Maybe it's slow to me because I never got into Lost until right before this Season and watched all the episodes online back to back so there weren't any week long delays in finding out what happens next.

The Smoke Monster is fast becoming the Black Oil Aliens of the X-Files.

If the Smoke Monster can effectivley mimic any character- create any believable reality, then it will be the easy out to any plot hole.

As a fan, I hope they don't overplay that card.

I thought about that, John Locke is really dead and what you see is just the Monster.

We were addicted in season 1, and when season 2 came out on DVD, we got it on netflix, and partway through, just turned off the episode and didn't have a second thought. Eventually I had some spare time and ended up watching the past episodes on the computer and I still think it's pretty ridiculous, but this seems to be the most interesting season since 1 just because they're FINALLY wrapping some things up (the smoke monster is the god of the island, how Charles Widmore knows about it, etc). There's so much going on that I forget wtf is happening until a few minutes into each episode though. When things get more complicated and you have multiple story lines going on, things get confusing and you stop caring as much about any of the lines.

I think this season is pretty good but its not nearly as addictive as before. It doesnt have the suspense or the WTF happened feeling just as the episode ended.

And I really dont think that the writers are trying to stretch things out because I think I remember hearing that next season is going to be the last. So they are probably just really trying to tie everything up right now.

Wife got me watching it with her in the first season. Evangeline Lilly wasn't a hard sell. :D

Here is part of an email I received about Lost. I thought it was kind of out there at first but once I saw the hieroglypphics in last night episode it made me think there might be more to it. Here it is:

Ra – Richard Albert
Ra was the almost universally-worshipped king of the gods and all-father of creation. Ra is the most central god of the Egyptian pantheon. He is the only god, apart from Osiris, who is definitely said to be not on the earth. Ra, it is said, is an aging god, still powerful, but too old to deal with his children any longer, so he has gone exclusively to the sky to watch over the world.
Osiris – John Locke
Throughout the height of Egyptian civilization, Osiris was the primary deity. In power, he was second only his father, Ra, and was the leader of the gods on earth. Osiris resided in the underworld as the lord of the dead, as after being killed by Set.
Set – Ben
Set was one of ancient Egypt 's earliest gods, a god of chaos, confusion, storms, wind, the desert and foreign lands. He was a contender to the throne of Osiris and rival to Horus, but a companion to the sun god Ra. Originally worshiped and seen as an ambivalent being, during the Third Intermediate Period the people vilified him and turned him into a god of evil. But Seth is not an evil god: he is the god who committed the immoral and evil act of murdering his brother Osiris, but it was this vile act that allowed Osiris to fulfil his destiny and become the god of the dead. Without Seth, there would not have been life after death.
Horus – Horace
The worship of Horus was brought from the outside by neighbouring tribes who invaded and then settled into Egypt . He was their god of war; he was the protector and guide to the pharaoh on earth. He also continual battles with Set.
Anubis – Jacob
Anubis was the god to protect the dead and bring them to the afterlife. The distinctive black color of Anubis “with the black soil of the Nile valley, symbolizing rebirth."
Ammit- Smokey
Ammit is described as "The Devourer" patron of destruction of the souls of the wicked. Ammit sits beneath the Scales of Justice, waiting for the souls to be judged. If the soul is found to be more wicked than good, Anibus feeds it to Ammit.

Both myself and my girlfriend are REALLY into Lost. That Egyptian idea is very interesting. I haven't seen that on any of the Lost message boards yet.

I have never really gotten into a TV show like I have Lost. If you pay attention (or have a DVR), you really don't have to wait for much... Most of this season has just been confirmation of what we were expecting after last season...

great season, but you can tell they are scrambling for ideas. i predict by the end of this season/ next season the show will have turned to crap. i've followed it from the first episode and have yet to miss one. i love this show but two more seasons is a bit much for something like this that can only be stretched sooo far.

If ya'll like to watch tv, watch "Breaking Bad" on AMC at 10pm on sundays.

Very good show.

Best show on TV right now hands down IMHO. Also you have to love the homebrewing scenes from a week or two ago. Obviously one of the writers is a brewer.

i think califonifcation from HBO is the best show on tv now, followed by lost, then breaking bad

I was also thinking Atlantis after last week. And I don't buy the idea that Locke is the smoke monster, it would be too convenient. I think he is just somehow "special" to the island. I also don't buy the idea that Richard is a diety. He seemed subservient to Whitmore when he brought the young Benjamin to the temple to be healed. The never ages thing has to be something else. It does seem like he is one of the few, in addition to Locke, and maybe Ben, who are able to communicate with Jacob. And whether Jacob and the smoke monster are one and the same is another question I have.

I love LOST, but I loved it even more when I was three seasons behind watching three episodes/night and a season in a couple weeks.

A week between episodes seems like a very long time on Thursday mornings. When they skip a week I want to poke somebody in the eyes.

Also, I think the statue is Juliet. It looks like it's supposed to be that nekkid hippo goddess of fertility or whatever, but this one is wearing Juliet type clothes.

I think the island is Atlantis and was swallowed up by the sea/disappeared when some ancient dude (Richard maybe) turned the wheel.

We should place bets on what the big mystery is. I think I would lean towards the spaceship/Alien idea.

What
IN
THE
MF'ing
HELL
Was that crap last night?

I thought it was going to be this season told from a different perspective, not a filler episode full of waste of time.

I watched the first 3 or 4 seasons of this show and then they changed the schedule around the holidays... didn't have DVR, never caught up, and the LOST me forever. I would like to know how many of the viewers are the original viewers.

I watched the first 3 or 4 seasons of this show and then they changed the schedule around the holidays... didn't have DVR, never caught up, and the LOST me forever. I would like to know how many of the viewers are the original viewers.

I've been with it since episode 1. Really tried my patience last week, but I'm hoping for redemption with the 100th hour...

I'm not an original - picked up the first three seasons on DVD. Or was it two? Can't remember.

Anyway, I'm hooked now. Pissed about last week, but hooked.

Is it my imagination, or are there about twice as many commercials during this show as others. Seems like I'm FFW'ing through every two minutes:confused:

I've been watching since the beginning. Can't miss it.

I watched the first two seasons but dropped it when it fell into a pit of suck in early third. I haven't cared enough to try to suffer through the rest of third to catch up.

Latest posts

Back