Lost: The End

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masonsjax

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, after 6 seasons of watching lost and pulling my hair out trying to keep track of all the questions, we're down to the last 2 hours.

...I'm still lost. Are they gonna answer all my questions or what? Is the finale gonna be like the Matrix where they have some dude in a lab jacket talk a mile a minute to explain all the details as fast as possible? I guess we know a good bit now, but I feel like there's still a lot to be accounted for.

I'm just waiting for the last line delivered to be "Congratulations, you are now an official member of the Church of Scientology.". :drunk:

I have to say though, this show has kept me glued since it came on. I love this kind of stuff, constantly looking for clues. I just hope the ending is a little more satisfying than the David Lynch films.

Ugh. I gave up sometime during the second season. I'll be interested in finding out how they jump the shark though.

EDIT: LOL! Unison post!

My wife's the same way, but I'm generally quite satisfied with the wrap-up so far. Only two questions I'm really still curious about are the meaning of "LA X" (this season's premier), and how the two time-lines will merge.

If you're a Netflix subscriber, all the previous seasons of Lost are live-streamable. It's quite fun to go back and see how there really was a "master plan" to the show and stuff that seemed so bizarre back then now makes perfect sense.

I used to sit and watch with the wife. I think we endured the first season of back tracking and re-directs. God forbid you missed a single episode and you were completely "lost".

We eventually agreed that was the point. The writers weren't plotting the characters being Lost. they were trying to keepo the viewers Lost.

No thanks.

Seasons 2 and first part of 3 sucked because they didn't know how long they would have to make the series last, and started to write fluff episodes (diamond smugglers?) and have other people write episodes. Once they got the green light to end it at season 6, the writing improved and the plot took off again.

If you were a fan in season one, grit your teeth and get thru seasons 2/3, then begin enjoying it again.

Agreed, Boondoggie. Once then knew when they end woule come, they took a more direct route for plotline. Seasons 4-5 were much better than 2-3.

Nope, sorry. They had their chance. I have too much stuff going on to want to go back and catch up. Used to be a Must-See series, but it's over now.

:off:

Like Lost, I also think The Office has gone to crap. I don't even have it in my Hulu queue any more. It's almost as if NBC has a focus group they poll each week to see what happens in the next episode. No sense of direction, everyone is in bed with everyone else, not funny, just pure crap.

Like Lost, I also think The Office has gone to crap. I don't even have it in my Hulu queue any more. It's almost as if NBC has a focus group they poll each week to see what happens in the next episode. No sense of direction, everyone is in bed with everyone else, not funny, just pure crap.

I agree, ever since Jim and Pma got married, it's been somewhat bland :(

Back on topic... all you only giving Lost ONE chance are missing out big time, but more fool you for not taking a second look.

Yeah, but Pam is HOT! :rockin:

I just watched all of the seasons this year. My wife has watched it from day 1 and bugged me to watch it because she wanted my take on what was happening. Not being interested; I put it off and put it off and finally when this season started she convinced me to watch all the seasons so that we could watch the finale together. I got all caught up last week. WHAT A CHORE!1!

I don't think it is that smart of a show (other than introducing the masses to various religious and philosophical perspectives). It seems to me that it is like every murder mystery / suspense movie where the writer knows the ending and throws a bunch of useless crap into the "plot" to throw you off. There is no sense in guessing and asking questions because they are only going to answer the questions THEY want to answer. I'm sticking with Hurley as the new Jacob because of his "all you need is love" mentality and the ability to consult with the dead is an enormous asset. But then again - I won't be too turned upside down if something else happens.

+1 on the office - it has jumped the shark.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE BS ENDING.

So the whole divergent reality was heaven?(sorta) where all the dead people continue their lives unknowing until they see each other and wake up to the fact that they have been DEAD all along??

No tying it all together, no huge mystery coming together, just one more episode in a long dis-jointed series that was good because it was so unpredictable, but you hoped that they had some master plan, not "We were changeing things up at the last minute" this is their job right?

I could have come up with a much better ending.

Glad it's over.

I liked it.

Could it have been better? Maybe.

My buddy and I were saying they were in limbo from the very beginning. Which means a lot of people probably thought the same thing, so they went with it.

Wasn't the worst TV i'd ever seen.

I don't think it was too bad. It's hard to ever be satisfied with something you have invested 6 years in watching. Everyone has different expectations.

WOW. of all the crap that is on TV, that show had the potential to be really EPIC.

Sorry, after all those years, THEY COULD HAVE COME UP WITH SOMETHING GOOD!!!!!

That was just a feelgood way to relive some of the better moments from the show through these dead people "remembering" their real lives......WTF?

I felt sorry for the dog. That was about all it did for me.

Nearly every person associated with the show (Abrams, Lindelof, Cuse) said they weren't dead nor living our some sort of Purgatory thing in several interviews.

This whole thing is one giant cop-out...

Nearly every person associated with the show (Abrams, Lindelof, Cuse) said they weren't dead nor living our some sort of Purgatory thing in several interviews.

This whole thing is one giant cop-out...

They were probably talking about the on-island part of the show not being purgatory. The flash sideways, on the other hand, were purgatory (or something similar).

They were probably talking about the on-island part of the show not being purgatory. The flash sideways, on the other hand, were purgatory (or something similar).

I think the writers just decided to fark with everybody and have the magic island where pregnant women go to die be real and the rest of the world is limbo.

Did any other homebrewers think the magic island plug was kind of like an airlock? Could have used a blow-off tube and you wouldn't have had the mess.

I think the writers just decided to fark with everybody and have the magic island where pregnant women go to die be real and the rest of the world is limbo.

Did any other homebrewers think the magic island plug was kind of like an airlock? Could have used a blow-off tube and you wouldn't have had the mess.

If it were an airlock them smokey would have no problem passing through :p

I couldn't have hated it more. It took everything I loved and all the parts I was interested in and threw them out the window to throw in this hokey purgatory thing. And seriously? The guy leading them into "heaven" was named "Christian Shepherd"? Ugh.

WHY didn't fake Locke smoke out and beat Jack's ass?

I think the divergent reality was just another "HEY! why don't we do this as a bizarre plot twist!!!?!?!?" and then they had no clue how to bring them together.

The idea that, in death, you will continue on as if nothing happened.....until your "friends" find you and show you the way, is tres retarded.

how many people that die in hospital beds of some debilitating cancer, are still lying there waiting for their also bed ridden friends to meet up with them for an "AHA!" moment?

Forget it.

I appreciate that they left a lot of mystery behind. That's what made the show appealing, and it's good make the viewers speculate on unanswered questions. However, I feel like a lot of major loose ends were left hanging. More than can be inferred from going back and watching again having seen the end. Still, the show kept me glued for 6 seasons, so I can't complain.

Seems to me that leaving the open ends sets things up to make a movie in the future.

I work 2nd shift and was busy sunday, so I just caught the episode. I'm kind of at the point where I'm not really sure what to think about it. Was it the worst ending ever? No. It did feel a little cheap though. I've been hearing interviews with Lindelof and Cuse since they got the green light to go for an ending that everybody was going to hate it.

There are still some huge mysteries. I know that video was a joke, but half the stuff in there is answered at some point. Whether its in another episode, or an interview

Everyone seems to be complaining about how things were left unanswered. I think that would have made it so cheap. When they explained the heart of the island and showed it, I thought it went too far. I live there to still be some mystery involved. If every little detail was exposed, everyone would be complaining about the explainations instead.

I didn't want answers to everything, just something cool that tied in with some earlier points in a semi clever way.

What we got was a 2.5 hour long reliving of old effective plot points through new pointless plot points so that they "remembered" reality.

Gratuitous and full of fluff.

Back