Lost my AHS instructions for my Redhook ESB clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddiebosox

Reaction score
So i got the partial mash redhook clone from AHS, which is who I usually use. Unfortunately I lost the instructions. The only thing I really need is the hops and when to add them (ive done enough partial mashes to do it in my sleep). I threw the hops in the pile of bags I already have and can't remember how much there was and have no idea about when to add them.

Why doesnt AHS post the instructions as A PDF?

I think it was a saaz and something else.

Saaz are most likely not your bittering hops as they have a fairly low AA%. Can you remember what the other hops were?

I might just say to heck with it and use their extract grain base and do my own thing with what hops I have. Maybe get an extra hoppy ESB out of it.

Well then I don't know, those are pretty low AA% as well. Do you remember how much of each variety was sent?

Edit, you could also just call/email AHS and ask them.

If I had to take a guess though, I would guess that they sent you more Saaz than Willamette. The Saaz would be your bittering hops and the Willamette would be your aroma hops.

I know this sounds crazy. But why not just call them, I'm sure they can dictate it to you over the phone and you can write it down. They might even just send a pdf.

BTW: 45 min until quitting time in Texas.

they already emailed me the PDF within minutes. 2 oz tettnang for bittering at 60 minutes, 1/2 oz wilamette at 15 minutes, and 1 oz tettnang for aroma at 5 minutes.

I'm thinking of adding some dry leafed Willamette I jsut brought back from Oregon at the 15 minute to boost the aroma. What do you think?

Back