Looks like Northernbrewer/midwest at it again...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehpower2

Reaction score
Was going to order some yeast for a cider today and went on midwest supplies website and oh boy looks like all their yeast got a decent price hike compaired to every other home brew supply website....Figured i would pass this on. Some of the yeast got up to 3 dollar price increase but most atleast had 2 dollar price hikes

MoreBeer, RiteBrew, ...

Apparently, Yakima Valley Hops (YVH) isn't just for hops any more. They have dry yeast from a number of yeast labs (including Mangrove Jacks), selection of Briess products, ... I've ordered dry yeast from YVH with good results.

For 13 years I lived 3.5 hrs away from Minneapolis, bought a lot from NB (online (1-day shipping) and in-store, went to the Twin Cities about 3-4x/year, did many club buys). Prices were always good until AB bought them and the prices have just been going up since. Haven't bought from them since AB bought them. Moved to FL last Dec and bought from a few other online stores I have used in the past but bought a lot at the local homebrew store (which I never had before). Still won't buy from NB/MW.

I have noticed this price hike for the past two purchase. But when including shipping NB still came out best for my menus. And NB is getting out their orders quicker than before the buy out.

I have noticed this price hike for the past two purchase. But when including shipping NB still came out best for my menus. And NB is getting out their orders quicker than before the buy out.

I haven't used NB for years, but ordered everything from them when getting started in 2011. I don't know about in between but they couldn't get faster than then as all my orders went out the same day or the next depending on what time I placed my order. IMO, they haven't had the best prices since shortly after I got into brewing.

I noticed the price on many items went up considerably when they switched to the free shipping on all orders over $30. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Morebeer has warehouses on the east and west cost, free shipping (if you order enough), and awesome customer support. In the southeast orders come in 2 days with standard shipping. Can’t beat them in my opinion.

Back