Looking to use leftover hops Galena, Cent and Willamette

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggor

Reaction score
Hey all,
I need to brew in the cheap this weekend.
I have .75 oz of Galena (figuring for bittering) 1oz of Centenial and 2 oz of Willamette to work with along with all the pale malt I need. I can afford some small quantities of specialty malt. anybody have a suggestion for a brew based on those hops???

thanks
Gregg

I would do a pale ale or something of that sort. You could use the galena for a 60, half the Willamette at 30 and the the centennial for flavor additions.

try an amber ale, use the galenas early, 1 oz willamette at fifteen, then the rest at knockout

ten pounds base malt, 1/2 pound light crystal (20), 1/2 pound dark crystal (80) 1 pound munich

beersmith likes it, btw

Pale or amber....I think you could get a great beer out of that hop bill. If you do a pale, use the Centennial last, for an Amber I would use Willamette last. Just my flavor/Aroma prefs.

I love "iron brewer" recipes. My best IPA was from leftover hops....a combo I would have never used otherwise: Simcoe, Mt Hood, Tettnang and Cascade.

Good luck!

Back