Looking to start a Homebrew Club in Chicago Suburbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BertusBrew

Reaction score
Hey all! I have been contemplating joining a homebrew club for a while now, but I have decided to see if there is enough interest out there to start one up. I live in Roselle, which is a Northwest suburb of Chicago. I am throwing this out there as a feeler to see if enough people are interested to make this worthwhile.
My idea is to meet once a month to swap brews, recipes, tips and critiques. After meeting a few times we can decide what other directions we want to take the club.
If anybody is interested in this, please respond to this message or email me at [email protected]

Great question that I've been considering as of late.

I'm just getting back into homebrewing after a 10 year hiatus. I live in a neighboring suburb to Roselle so we're in the same ballpark. I'm also looking for a local homebrew club and here is what I've found.

I started by looking at the American Homebrewers Association's website here:
http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/directories/find-a-club

Urban Knaves of Grain
Batavia, IL 60510
Phone: (630) 761-8386
Email: [email protected]
www.knaves.org

They've apparently been around forever and hold one of the regions best homebrew competitions every March. Their next club meeting is coming up on Wed. March 28th at Rockbottom in Warrenville. I'm planning on trying to make it to this meeting if you want to crash it with me send me a PM.

Other clubs in our area include:

Silverado Homebrew Club
St. Charles, IL
www.silveradohomebrew.com/

Vandenbosch Brewing Club
Winfield, IL 60190
Phone: (630) 240-0632

Club Wort
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008-2134
Phone: (847) 397-7648
www.clubwort.net

The first meeting of our club was last Tuesday. We have decided to meet once a month on the second Tuesday of the month, so our next meeting will be May 9th. We meet at Bigby's Pour House in Addison. The first group was small, but we had a great time and are hoping to grow this club. Please feel free to come to the next meeting. Any questions, email me at [email protected]

I'm in Roselle too and I believe it was you that stopped by yesterday while I was brewing. I'm going to try and make the meeting tomorrow.

Back