Looking to get a list of beer bars in Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish826

Reaction score
I've beeen looking, and posting, about a couple beer bars in Philly. Namely Monk's and The Eulogy Bar. What I'm looking for is a few of the lesser known, but upper scale bars of the same ilk. The reason I'm asking is every year, instead of a christmas party, the owners of my company take us out to Philly for lunch and drinks at such a place. The past two years we've gone to Eulogy and Monk's. This year we'd like to keep tradition alive, but we'd like to try some place else. Any suggestions?

Another member just recommended a place to me, Varga Bar at 10th and Spruce. Not too fancy on the food side, but the burgers the wife and I had were excellent. Good tap list of domestic craft brews and a good bottle list. Or, head in to center city and give Nodding Head Brewery a try, their beers are always good, I think they keep 5 or 6 on draft and the food is good to boot.

So many good places. Tria Rittenhouse or tria Washington west, resurrection ale house, the pope, ladder 44, varga bar. Philly puts many other cities to shame when it comes to craft beer. My best suggestion, check out phillytapfinder.com and look at the tap lists of the places I mentioned the day you are in town. You can even search by beer. Follow the beer and you won't be disappointed. Enjoy Philly, we pride ourselves in having good beer.

Edit. I just reread your post, either tria would be good for lunch, resurrection, ladder 44 or varga. The pope is too hipster for a work lunch.

Thanks guys. We're down by Ocean City, so we aren't totally unfamiliar with Philly, but most of our experience with heading for a night out mainly involves going to AC (usually where we wind up after getting nice and lathered up during our last few trips to Philly as well lol).

Back