Looking for Suggestions on Fermentation Temp Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edds5p0

KN4SQH
Reaction score
I'd like to start controlling my fermentation temperature but I have concerns with bringing in another refrigerator or deep freeze. I have a GE side-by-side converted into a 4 keg kegerator, and my garage only has 1 20A circuit for the outlets and lights. What realistic options do I have? I looked at the Immersion Pro but I've seen very mixed opinions. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I have the immersion pro and it works fine
Have you been able to lager with it? If I got one it would be in my basement that usually stays in the upper 60s. How long have you been using your Immersion Pro?

30 degrees below ambient air. I didn’t do lagers but ales @ 62 when it was 90 in the shed. And when it was 30 I could raise it to 60. I have 2 for about 4 years

I'd like to start controlling my fermentation temperature but I have concerns with bringing in another refrigerator or deep freeze. I have a GE side-by-side converted into a 4 keg kegerator, and my garage only has 1 20A circuit for the outlets and lights. What realistic options do I have? I looked at the Immersion Pro but I've seen very mixed opinions. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Just a thought, but you might be ok with another fridge or freezer on that 20 amp circuit, depending on amp rating and depending on what else you want to plug in (e.g. probably not so good if you use a lot of power tools). I had two 9 cu.ft. freezers on a 15 amp circuit in my basement for a while; one was doing its intended job and keeping food frozen, the other used as a ferm chamber.

Back