Looking for source of 500 mL bottles like the ones Maine and Russian River use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric19312

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Basically I am bored with available bottle options and want something to make my homebrew stand out. I like the idea of large format bottles but the stuff I do bottle 22oz is sometimes too much to open.

I found a supplier who offers these by the pallet (about 200 cases / 2200 bottles)...here is a link:
http://www.unitedbottles.com/en/bierecidre/lager-bn-006.aspx
I am fairly certain this is the 500 mL bottle used by both Russian River (Pliney and other IPAs) and Maine Brewing Co.

I'd also be willing to go for this one:
http://www.unitedbottles.com/en/bierecidre/ale-bn-025.aspx
It is a bit heavier than the RR bottle. I think it looks like the one Singlecut is using.

If you see my post and decide to stock this please send me a PM and I promise to order.

ps I am not interested in: http://www.unitedbottles.com/en/bierecidre/euro-bn-014.aspx which I do see offered on several sites. Sorry vendors I think those are ugly.

just drink more russian river :p. i bought my first bottle of damnation and am super excited. deciding between trying it now or aging it.

6 cases arrived today. I'm sure this is bottle I was looking for.

bottle---1-66991.jpg

just drink more russian river :p. i bought my first bottle of damnation and am super excited. deciding between trying it now or aging it.

Yeah. If you are paying that much for bottles, I expect to have something in them.

Ah, the German half-liter. I know Paulaner and Erdinger use them, probably a bunch of others as well. They're nice bottles, but be forewarned they're pretty thin; I had one blow up on me and was shocked by how thin the glass was. I didn't measure it but less than 2mm for sure, probably closer to 1mm. It's worth treating those bottles a bit more delicately than most.

Just my two euro-cents.

I would go completely insane if I had to use 12oz bottles - so much work, so much cleaning..., It always amazes me how you US guys have patience to do it... :confused:

My smallest bottles are 0.5 liter (17 oz) and I only use them for like 20-30% of the batch, the rest goes to 1 liter flip/swing-tops. Think about it - my usual 8 gallon batch converts to: 30x1L swing-tops or ...90x12oz bottles :eek:
... and you don't even need to use a capper, nor buy the caps.

Some will say - "1L bottle is too much beer for one serving", but think about it - how many glasses you have in one session? - at least 2-3, and if you share with a friend - a pint for both of you and the 1L bottle is gone.

I'm not saying bottle 9% Imperial Stout to these (those can go to 0.5L or 12oz), but APAs, AAAs, Pilsners etc. - those belong in 1L swings :mug:
Also, bottling day goes like a breeze with these ;)

HTB1MuHGGXXXXXbLXVXXq6xXFXXX6.jpg

Back