looking for kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Mr. Beer kit, that's what I started with, but I quickly upgraded to a Midwest kit. I wish I would have saved the $40 and went straight to the Midwest starter kit.

Mr. Beer kits are great... for what they do. They mane good beer, but you really need to go AG to make great beer! :)

p.S... I started with 3 Mr. Beer kits and gained valuable experience with them... yet now my equipment is much bigger and better! :)

Everyone starts with this type of kit, It has every thing you need to make a single batch of beer, hold on though, It can get out of hand really quickly after you find out how mutch fun and how good the beer is.

Id go with the midwest kit or something similar personally. Much more flexibility with something like that vs Mr. Beer. IMO anyways.

And somewhere on here I saw a quote that said Brewing your own beer to save money on beer is liking buying a fishing boat to save money on fish.

And somewhere on here I saw a quote that said Brewing your own beer to save money on beer is liking buying a fishing boat to save money on fish.

If someone would PM me and tell me how, I want to add that as a quote to my signature - truer words have never been spoken!:mug:

not true my Friend ;)

I would be up to the challenge of tasting anyone's beer that isn't AG to see if I can find a truly great, non-AG, beer. I have had really good extract beers, but as good as they were, they were not great in comparison (my personal batches included).

Just my humble opinion....

I started out with a Mr. Beer kit that my wife bought me for Christmas one year. Now I think she regrets having ever bought that for me due to all the time and money I have spent on brewing. My first Mr. Beer batch tasted like crap. I did a few more and they got progressively better. In hindsight, I wish I would have started out with a 5 gallon kit.

My wife suggested to someone they get me a MrBeer for Christmas last year also... she hasnt said a word, yet, but I am betting she wishes she hadnt suggested it too lol :)

Back