Looking for good Imperial IPA recipe/clone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHN51277

Reaction score
I have been absent for about 2-3 yrs from the board. I am back at it and have grown to love a heavy hopped up brew now. I am officially a hophead now. I am looking for a nice clone recipe for a partial/extract recipe for a Simcoe double IPA, Devil Dancer (founders), or Torpedo. I have been searching for a recipe for a while and thought you guys would be the ones to ask! Thanks for any help!

BYO just had an article on Torpedo with a couple clone recipes. I just got it in the mail, so it may not be in the stores yet.

I had a Devil Dancer the other day and was underwhelmed. It was good, but I guess I expected more. If you are up to it, check out Dudes Pliny the Bastard. Its in the recipe section here, and everyone who has done it says its great. I changed it up a bit (don't care for Simcoe hops) and used a pils base...

Oh, and welcome back!

Austin Home Brew Supply is having a sale today on Pliny the Elder kits. I'm sure it's must cheaper there than if you put it together yourself.

Austin Home Brew Supply is having a sale today on Pliny the Elder kits. I'm sure it's must cheaper there than if you put it together yourself.

I suppose it is cheaper if you're paying $3/oz for retail hops. If you buy hops in bulk from hopsdirect (etc), the sale price looks spendy, and ridiculous if paying full price.

EDIT: I see they take $10 off if going to all grain, which makes it less spendy.

Back