looking for florida info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frydogbrews

Reaction score
i am going to st. george island in florida at the end of this month. anybody know what the laws are there? when i went to minnesota last year i got tricked into buying 3.2 beer because i didn't know that was all the grocery stores carried!
i guess that island has 6 restaurants, but none of them are brewpubs.

also, any suggestions on what i should look for in the stores down there that we might not have here in missouri?
thanks a bunch for any info.

Not sure which laws you are referring to but if you find anything from:

• Intuition Ale Works
  • Cigar City Brewing
  • Swamp Head Brewery
I'd hit it!

i mean laws like:
no alcohol on sundays
real strength beer and wine only sold in liquor stores
3.2 beer sold in grocery stores
no alcohol sales at gas stations
crazy stuff like that.

Real strength beer and wine is everywhere.
You can by singles at gas stations if you'd like, just don't drink and drive. (So why sell singles at gas stations?)
No alcohol sales on Sundays varies by local municipality, not sure about where you are going.

ha, singles only at gas stations....not a bad law, but a funny one to be sure. certainly seems like it would promote drinking and driving, unless you guys allow open containers for passengers. MO allows that, but certain cities have outlawed it.

You can buy 6-packs / larger at gas stations. No 3.2% beer here. Don't know where the wacky info is coming from.

Enjoy your trip here. Florida is, above all else, a tourist state. We truly welcome travelers. I hope you get good weather.

Cheers. :mug:

Not sure where you are going on St. George Island. Just be careful if you go into the state park area. They tend to have police riding the beaches on four-wheelers. Not sure if you are doing that or not.

You are staying a month on st george island? Do you have a house on the island? There are some good places in Apalachicola which is right across the bridge.

Your gonna be in Franklin county. They are not a one of the counties that don't sell on Sunday.. Its mainly from 7am to 12am for sales..

I'm not a huge fan of St. George Island, but I do like Appalachicola (did I totally spell that wrong?).

You can usually find decent beer, and I found Sweetwater Brewing Company's beers all over the place in Appalachicola, Carabelle, etc, in the Piggly Wiggly.

No brewpubs or anything like that on the island (or on the mainland, for that matter).

We looked in that area for a permanent winter home, but didn't find anyplace we liked to stay longer than 10 days. We're now wintering in coastal Texas.

no, not a month, that would be sweet though.
we rented a house right on the gulf with some friends and we are going there for a week. i want to try my hand at salt water fishing!
thanks for the info everybody.

no, not a month, that would be sweet though.
we rented a house right on the gulf with some friends and we are going there for a week. i want to try my hand at salt water fishing!
thanks for the info everybody.

Good surf fishing, and fishing in the bay side is good too at times. Good kayaking, depending on winds.

yeah, we read all about that and are going to drive over to st joe bay where scalloping is better. bought a cast net as well so i can try to haul in my own shrimp.

Back