Looking for fast grain to glass beer recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patirck

Reaction score
I'd like to get some suggestions on beers that can go very quickly from grain to glass. I was thinking of something like a very normal american wheat recipe - fairly low gravity that could sit in the bucket for a week or 10 days and then go in the keg along with 30psi of co2 for a few days. Perhaps ready to drink in 2 weeks.

Anyone have any success with this kind of time frame? If so, can you share the recipe?

Just did the following:

6# wheat extract
.5# Light DME

1 oz Willamette 60 min
.5 oz Cascade 10 min
.25 oz bitter orange peel 5 min
.25 oz sweet orange peel 5 min

Wyeast 1010, fermented at 66-68

Edit: SWMBO loves this. It was 2 weeks exactly from kettle to glass.

I"m doing all grain now days - anyone know what grains and how much of each this would best translate to?

Also - how long did you ferment and how long did it take to carb up?

6# of wheat DME is 10 lbs grain.

Since wheat extract is about 50/50 (wheat and barley) that would be 5 lbs of each...

Add another lb of barley for the other DME addition and you should be OK.

Wyeast 1010 is an American Wheat yeast.

It's your call if you want to add the orange peel. That would make it more in line with a Belgian Wit with American Wheat yeast....;)

6# of wheat DME is 10 lbs grain.

Since wheat extract is about 50/50 (wheat and barley) that would be 5 lbs of each...

Add another lb of barley for the other DME addition and you should be OK.

Wyeast 1010 is an American Wheat yeast.

It's your call if you want to add the orange peel. That would make it more in line with a Belgian Wit with American Wheat yeast....;)

+1

and add some rice hulls to prevent a stuck sparge. :)

Your right on with 10 days in the fermenter, then keg and force carb for a few days.

Good luck!
--LexusChris

As HB_99 noted, the orange peel is your call. I added it to make the beer a citrusy summer wheat, but definitely not necessary. Also, if you want more hop aroma, you can add a quarter ounce each of Williamette and Cascade at flameout (or whatever hops you prefer).

A few weeks ago I turned around a watermelon wheat and an IPA in 8 days so I could drink them on the 4th. I'm sure they weren't at their peak, but still good and drinkable.

The wheat was real simple:
4lb 2-row
4lb white wheat
1 oz Saaz @60 min
.5oz Cascade @60 min
OG: 1.054
FG: 1.013
IBU: 19

Fermented for 6 days (added .5gal fresh watermelon juice after 4), force carbed for 2 days.

The IPA was:
11lb 2-row
1lb Crystal 40L
1oz each Simcoe, Amarillo, Citra, Centennial @15 min
OG: 1.064
FG: 1.015
IBU: 70

Fermented for 8 days, force carbed for 2.

Back