Looking for an Extract/Mini Mash conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnio

Reaction score
Could someone that has the knowledge and/or software help me by converting Orfy's Boddington's recipe to either Extract or Mini Mash? I don't have the equipment to do an all grain yet, but I am really looking for a good English Pub replica.

I cannot pretend to have much knowledge on the subject, but you can replace the pale malt with a pale LME. From what I have read, the ratio is 1 lb grain = .75 LME. I believe Orfy's recipe calls for 3.3 KG of pale malt, which is approx. 7.26 lbs. Which would mean 7.26 * .75 = 5.45 lbs of liquid malt extract. The rest of the recipe consists of specialty malts, so those would still need to be mashed or steeped. I have only done 2 batches so far, so what I say may not be the best advice. Good luck anyway.

Thanks for the response. I am looking at building the setup in the partial mash thread anyway, so this might be a good beer to try that with.

Back