Looking for an extract Golden Monkey clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the AG recipe for the Golden Monkey clone? I looked and couldn't find it, someone ought to be able to convert it for ya, sorry I don't have any software.

Nate

Fusorfodder said:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21256

At least I assume it is due to the name and it being in the belgian strong ale section. Golden Monkey I believe is considered to be a tripel

I don't know if you would really consider it a clone at this point:

"I actually got this recipe a couple years ago on a different forum, which will remain nameless I tweaked it some to account for my tastes, and here it is:
BTW Yes it has some corn in it, but don't leave it out!!!"

The corn methinks would be a detour right there.

This might be the more the ticket:
http://forums.moreflavor.com/viewtopic.php?t=27746&sid=cf4034066be75e9c41e450191ddc5773

Denny's Golden Monkey Homage -

12.5 lb. pils malt
.5 lb. flaked barley
6 oz. Belgian aromatic malt
4 oz. Belgian biscuit malt
1.5 lb. cane or beet sugar
.7 oz. Horizon 13% 60 min.
.3 oz. French Strisselspalt pellets 4% 10 min.
.5 oz. freshly ground coriander 5 min.
WY 3522 Ardennes yeast
Mash at 150F
OG should be around 1.080

And since nobody's mentioned it yet, converting an AG recipe to extract isn't generally very hard. Especially in this case, where the recipe is mainly a large amount of pils malt (replace with extra light malt extract to get the same OG) and very small amounts of specialty grains (probably suitable for simple steeping)

Thanks! I'm just an ignorant extract noob and haven't delved into things relating to AG much.

Edit: Aaaaaand I just found the convert recipe option in beersmith, I am an idiot.

Fusorfodder said:
Thanks! I'm just an ignorant extract noob and haven't delved into things relating to AG much.

Nothing wrong with that. My only reason to talk you out of it would be the price. Extract is so expensive and Golden Money is so strong, that you'd spend a lot on the ingredients. It would take a good amount of extract to get that 9.5% ABV...

Back