Looking for a wiring diagram

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modernlifeisANDY

Reaction score
I'm still fairly new to electric brewing, so I'm not 100% sure on what I would need from P-J's current diagrams, but I'd appreciate anyone able to point me in the right direction!

I'm putting together an electric RIMS system. The control panel and pump are mounted in a 19" metal toolbox. I'd like to be able to wire the following: I'm using two-way toggle switches and LED indicators. There's also a keyed power switch and e-stop. I'm using a Mypin TA4 PID with an Auber temp. probe. Using a 1500W 120v LWD element in one of Bobby's RIMS enclosures. I also need control for one march pump. I'm using ebrewsupply's RIMS kit.

Ideally, I'd like the following:

Keyed power with LED indicator
E-Stop
PID
PID power switch with indicator
Element power switch with indicator
Pump power switch with indicator

The pump will likewise be mounted in the box.

I've tried to find something to my exact needs but have been unlucky, hence the thread.

My electrician friend is assisting, but I want a proper diagram going into it.

If your going electric, you should have enough knowledge going in, to be able to use the diagrams as a starting point. The information you gave leaves a lot of various ways to go. Can you draw a picture of how you want the control panel to look?

If your going electric, you should have enough knowledge going in, to be able to use the diagrams as a starting point. The information you gave leaves a lot of various ways to go. Can you draw a picture of how you want the control panel to look?

I am looking for diagrams precisely so that I can learn and understand the wiring with the assistance of my friend.

My panel is mounted in a toolbox, as outlined in the original post. Keyed power switch, e-stop mounted in the upper portion, PID, 3x two way switches and 3x illuminated indicators mounted in the lower portion.

I am looking for diagrams precisely so that I can learn and understand the wiring with the assistance of my friend.

My panel is mounted in a toolbox, as outlined in the original post. Keyed power switch, e-stop mounted in the upper portion, PID, 3x two way switches and 3x illuminated indicators mounted in the lower portion.

First of all stop calling your temperature controller a PID, PID is an algorithm to control process temperature not a physical device. A "toolbox" is not an approved UL listed enclosure, so get an enclosure that can protect you from a failure. This is DIY, not a place for us to engineer your system for you. If you can't look at the list of PJ diagrams and build your own from those, which many here do all the time, then you have no business touching anything electrical.

Lets take this in little steps...

Here's how to wire up the pump with a switch and an indicator lamp

pump-63830.jpg

DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO YOU ?

First of all stop calling your temperature controller a PID, PID is an algorithm to control process temperature not a physical device. A "toolbox" is not an approved UL listed enclosure, so get an enclosure that can protect you from a failure. This is DIY, not a place for us to engineer your system for you. If you can't look at the list of PJ diagrams and build your own from those, which many here do all the time, then you have no business touching anything electrical.

Wow buddy, way to be a total jerk. You've been very helpful.

Back