Looking for a specific kind of app/software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boochuckles

Reaction score
I'm looking for a software that's going to show me my efficiency and what to expect from my beer by inputting the numbers I came out with rather then what I should have gotten. So with this last batch I used 11# and about 7.5 gallons of water. I had to use some extra water in mash to lower the temp to 155 because my water started too hot. I came up with 5.75 gallons preboil with a gravity of 1.054. I ended with 4 gallons with an OG of 1.081. So those are my numbers how'd I do? Idk I can't find a software that allows me to plug that in that way. It makes more sense to me to do it this way rather then putting everything in and it spitting out what I should have gotten...

Is there anything that does it this way?

Thanks

Pretty much any of the usual brewing software things will do this. Beersmith for example (which I use), and Brewers Friend does as well via their Brew Log feature. The latter is probably more complete and may be closer to what you are looking for.

Anything that does this is going to need you to input the recipe to make sense of the efficiency etc.

Pretty much any of the usual brewing software things will do this. Beersmith for example (which I use), and Brewers Friend does as well via their Brew Log feature. The latter is probably more complete and may be closer to what you are looking for.

Anything that does this is going to need you to input the recipe to make sense of the efficiency etc.

Yep beersmith will tell you..

Here is a link to get $6 off the list price..
Beersmith 2

Just to confirm, you want to calculate your measured efficiency?

If so, pretty much any software will do that. Beersmith, brewtarget,brewtoad,brewersfriend.

There's also plenty of online free software that will do it too, such as mine under the Efficiency Evaluation section. It will output your measured efficiencies, seperating each component, and also score it based on what you should have expected given your inputs on the left. The last part, no other software does. They require the user to tell the software what efficiency they initially expected, my software can estimate what efficiency to expect given your process.

Latest posts

Back