looking for a recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wormraper

Reaction score
ok guys, looking to make my very first IPA... I'm looking for something that will impart a nice heavy grapefruit and pine taste to the IPA (never used IPA/PA hops so I'm not sure which ones will impart that flavor). Any good recipes/kits that use hops of that profile? any tried n true recipes of that variance?

ok guys, looking to make my very first IPA... I'm looking for something that will impart a nice heavy grapefruit and pine taste to the IPA (never used IPA/PA hops so I'm not sure which ones will impart that flavor). Any good recipes/kits that use hops of that profile? any tried n true recipes of that variance?

I LOVE the grapefruit/pine in the DFH 60 minute clone I have posted, if you can get simcoe and amarillo hops. I made it again yesterday, and it's my favorite.

I LOVE the grapefruit/pine in the DFH 60 minute clone I have posted, if you can get simcoe and amarillo hops. I made it again yesterday, and it's my favorite.

oooo, that one looks dangerously tasty. I'm gonna have to start buying hops in bulk if I start making IPA's (love love love me some IPA's) no way can I afford $2 an oz if I do it more than once or twice lol

and I think I speak for all of us when I say... thank god you switched back to your dominatrix avatar :D. less confusion for us poor souls

I'm looking for something that will impart a nice heavy grapefruit and pine taste

82-85% Extra Light DME (half as a late addition), 10-12% Corn Sugar (added during flameout), and 5-6% crushed Crystal 10 (steeped for 30 min) to attain an OG between 1.064-1.070. Do a full volume boil with no top off water.

I would use Columbus to bitter to about 30-35 IBUs, then another 30-35 IBUs of Centennial/Simcoe/Chinook for the late boil additions, a decent-sized pellet hop warm steep after the boil & during the chilling process, and a dryhop rate of 0.50 to 0.70 oz. pellet hops per gallon of beer.

California Ale yeast starter, ferment at 64-67 F.

4 weeks in the primary including the 7-10 day dryhop

Back