Looking for a name for a new brew club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongoose33

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to start up a local homebrew club. Looking for a clever and descriptive name.

Here are the words it might include: Platteville, Pioneers, Hops, Brewing, Agglomeration, Brewers, Malt, etc. etc. etc.

The first two words--Platteville and Pioneers--are important. One or both should probably be in the name.

Ideas? TIA!

my initial reaction is to go w/ something with Brewers because of the location but i think it would end up too generic sounding. Maybe like the Platteville Platos Club or something w/ the alliteration.

Then you could do something cool w/ the logo to tie it in maybe? Quick idea

If the name has to include Platteville and Pioneers, adding more than one additional word makes a real mouthful. Why not something simple like Platteville Pioneer Brewing?

Or Platoville, but that might be too obscure.

Few ideas off the cuff, I'll keep thinking

Platte-Beer Pioneers
Degrees Platte-O
WI-Brew Pioneers Club
Big M-Malt Pioneers
Platte Mound Malt Club

EDIT: Addtional Ideas

AleBlazing Pioneers

Few ideas off the cuff, I'll keep thinking

Platte-Beer Pioneers
Degrees Platte-O
WI-Brew Pioneers Club
Big M-Malt Pioneers
Platte Mound Malt Club

Wow--how on earth did you pick up on Platte Mound? That is very cool!

For those who don't know (which is about everybody in the universe), we have a large geographical feature about 4 miles east of town--Platte Mound-- on which is situated the world's largest "M". It was constructed by engineering students at UW-Platteville in 1937, after students had explored the mound one winter day and upon returning to town, discovered they could see the paths they'd made in the snow.

We used to be a mining school back then, which is why the "M". Also stands for Mongoose. :)

theM.jpg

Wow--how on earth did you pick up on Platte Mound? That is very cool!

For those who don't know (which is about everybody in the universe), we have a large geographical feature about 4 miles east of town--Platte Mound-- on which is situated the world's largest "M". It was constructed by engineering students at UW-Platteville in 1937, after students had explored the mound one winter day and upon returning to town, discovered they could see the paths they'd made in the snow.

We used to be a mining school back then, which is why the "M". Also stands for Mongoose. :)

Just a quick google search! It's on your wikipedia page haha

Idk, not to creative this morning. What brought you all together other than Brewing and what do you guys have in common? Maybe use something along those lines.

Malt pioneers Platteville
Platteville drinkers and thinkers
Platteville pioneer mashers
Platteville brew club
Beer pioneers pbc (Plattevillebrewclub)
Platteville badger brewers
Platteville pioneer brewers
Platteville zymurgists
Pioneer zymurgy
Pioneer zymurgy society
Home brew pioneers
Thirsty pioneers platteville
Brothers in arms (sorry, had to)

i dig the Platt-oh type name, or if you spell it right you could have a guy looking through a telescope as your logo, but instead of a telescope its a refractometer, and instead of looking at the moon its a bi hop cone surrounded by grain stars or something.

HOPPS = Home Of Platteville PioneerS

edit to add: Homebrewers Of Platteville PioneerS is another option.

Back