Looking for a Fischer Amber Ale clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncoutroulis

Reaction score
Hi all,

this is one of my favs, and would like to try this for my second home-brew attempt.

Does anyone have a clone for this? with instructions, since i'm a total nubie :)

cheers

Here's a recipe that might be close but let me give you 2 reasons not to try to clone Fischer as your second batch:

1) It's not a good beer
2) Brewing a lager is going to be a lot more challenging unless you have very good fermentation control for lagering.

For a 5.5 gallon batch
OG 1.050
3.5lbs Pilsner
3lbs Munich
5lbs Vienna Malt
25IBUs of a hallertau, tradition, saaz, etc. at 60min
Ferment with Munich Lager yeast

Here's a recipe that might be close but let me give you 2 reasons not to try to clone Fischer as your second batch:

1) It's not a good beer
2) Brewing a lager is going to be a lot more challenging unless you have very good fermentation control for lagering.

For a 5.5 gallon batch
OG 1.050
3.5lbs Pilsner
3lbs Munich
5lbs Vienna Malt
25IBUs of a hallertau, tradition, saaz, etc. at 60min
Ferment with Munich Lager yeast

Thanks for this!

stupid question, but I thought it was an amber ale, not a lager...

what would you suggest for a 2nd beer? my other thought was a Brekle's Brown Ale clone.

Nah, it's a dark euro lager.

I'd suggest not cloning something for your second brew. Just brew something you enjoy and focus on making a beer without major flaws. Some of the easiest styles to brew are brown ales, pale ales, and porters.

Here's an article with recipes from BYO:
http://byo.com/grains/item/1459-the-10-easiest-beer-styles

If you like pale ales, you MUST make Edwort's pale ale. It's easy, approachable , and tastes great! https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/bee-cave-brewery-haus-pale-ale-31793/

Back