Lookin good? (pic)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwetherford

Reaction score
This is my American cream ale after 2 weeks in the primary also it it my first brew. Everything look like it's going good? Ignore the crud on the outside I am in the process of moving and I was trying to shake the carboy in the move so yeah. Lemme know what everyone thinks

image-534251521.jpg

RDWHAHB. Wait, it's your first batch.. so RDWHAB then. Looks good. Just let it settle for a day or two then bottle. Or whenever you get around to it.

Looks good to me. Have you taken gravity readings to determine if fermentation has stopped completely?

Well I don't plan on bottling till the 3rd week just curious if everyone thinks it looks good

In your post says you were 'trying to shake the carboy'. I wouldn't do that after pitching yeast to avoid off flavors.

Looks normal to me! Looks like there is still a bit of yeast in suspension, but that's nothing to worry about. Let it sit for another week and you'll be good to bottle!

Oh, and the obsession of looking at your fermenter(s) will not go away. I've looked at my fermenting pale ale twice this morning.

you taking your beer to the strip club...why isn't it wearing a seat belt! DAMMIT!!!

mcaple1 said:
you taking your beer to the strip club...why isn't it wearing a seat belt! DAMMIT!!!

Haha it was wearing a seatbelt when I actually was driving also how do I know when it is completely done fermenting? Because I want to bottle it before tha right? Because if I don't it won't carbonate correct?

It has to finish fermenting, and then some. When you bottle you'll add a bit more sugar called "priming sugar" to give the yeast some carbonating food.

Yeah, you definitely want it to finish fermenting first. Take a gravity reading, then take one two days and four days later. If they're all the same then fermentation has completed.

Back