Look what I got in the mail today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlhvegas

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My new Angram Beer Engine. I must say that Paul at UKBrewing.com was a great help. They offer great products and service. Thanks Paul! :tank:

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Now that is sweet! Havent explored the world of cask ale but it's on my list of 'to do's. You have something in process to try it out?

Thanks Mako, I ran a mild through it for "testing" purposes. :D It works great, sorry for no pics, I was too excited and forgot! I'm planning on brewing an English Pale and cask conditioning it. I'll be sure to take pics. At least the beer engine will occupy me until my BM gets here. The wait is killing me! How are things going with your BM pump issues?

Thanks Mako, I ran a mild through it for "testing" purposes. :D It works great, sorry for no pics, I was too excited and forgot! I'm planning on brewing an English Pale and cask conditioning it. I'll be sure to take pics. At least the beer engine will occupy me until my BM gets here. The wait is killing me! How are things going with your BM pump issues?

Impellers are in route and hope to have Rob's old ones tomorrow to test and potentially brew with this weekend. Will keep you posted how that goes.

Definitely keep me in the loop on the English Pale and thoughts on the cask conditioned ale. I'm in the process of trying to sell my house, so new toys post Braumeister are on hold. Once we move I'm getting a pub area setup and planned to try some cask conditioned ale myself. Very interested in your thoughts and insights as you get things going!

Hard to read this through the jealousy!

I just bought a 5.4 gal pin for cask ale from Northern Brewer. It's a cool little stubby thing; got all of the bungs and spiles too. Saving up for a hand pump, but it's going to be a bigger feat than the cask.

Congrats, man. :mug:

Words cannot express the healthy envy I have right now.

Enjoy! Lets see a pic of this thing in action!

10th level beer nerd! Man that thing is awesome... You setting up a breather (trickle of co2) or planning on downing the 5 gallons in a few days? Either way, nicely done.

At least the beer engine will occupy me until my BM gets here. The wait is killing me! How are things going with your BM pump issues?

Really? Am I the only one that spit beer on his monitor when I read this? Am I that juvenile?

I mean REALLY! Why are you waiting on a BM when ex-lax is available pretty much every where?

And is a pump really necessary? Did bran muffins fail?

Anyway, childishness and potty jokes aside, that thing is the bling-blang. It makes my polished kegs sad cause they aren't gold and shiny.

10th level beer nerd! Man that thing is awesome... You setting up a breather (trickle of co2) or planning on downing the 5 gallons in a few days? Either way, nicely done.

My plan is two pull from half batches until I can set up a breather. I'm going to try using the LP gas regulator method.

This is slightly off-topic, but I have been thinking about using one of these as a cheap cask:

http://www.barrelsonline.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=49

My question is whether or not it would be able to withstand the pressure of natural carbonation or would I end up with a geyser in my closet? I am in an apartment right now without enough room for a full cask/beer engine setup so I have been considering this as an alternative.

This is slightly off-topic, but I have been thinking about using one of these as a cheap cask:

My question is whether or not it would be able to withstand the pressure of natural carbonation or would I end up with a geyser in my closet? I am in an apartment right now without enough room for a full cask/beer engine setup so I have been considering this as an alternative.

I use a corny keg but I think it's the same functionally. You vent a cask or corny before you serve it on a beer engine, so the natural carbonation is not a factor. If you were to hook up a beer engine to a pressurized cask/corny, you would have beer being pushed out of the beer engine and unto your floor. Beer engines do not have a shut off valve.

Ok thanks. That makes sense.

These wooden casks have spigots built onto them, so I was more worried about the pressure causing to beer to come out the spigot or bung while it is carbing up.

Yeah, I saw them in a thread awhile back and have had them on my laundry list of things to buy for quite awhile. I just sent them an email asking about how they would hold up if you were to cellar them with beer/priming sugar inside. I'm thinking to be on the safe side I might consider using a bung in place of the spigot while conditioning and then installing the spigot for serving. I will paste their reply when I get it.

3 Liters?

Yeah they have different sizes but I figured I would go with a 3L or 5L so it could be a little party keg.

Still no reply...

Really? Am I the only one that spit beer on his monitor when I read this? Am I that juvenile?

I mean REALLY! Why are you waiting on a BM when ex-lax is available pretty much every where?

And is a pump really necessary? Did bran muffins fail?

Anyway, childishness and potty jokes aside, that thing is the bling-blang. It makes my polished kegs sad cause they aren't gold and shiny.

...I had a crappy ass day and this post made me chuckle. Thank you Trigger. And now back to more recent stuff.

Back