longest you have stored a beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
Hey folks i was just curious on peoples opinions on this one... I found a beer earlier that was an Amber i made when i first started like 1 yr 5 months... just popped it and it tastes pretty good aside for being over carbonated. I was just curious what is the oldest home brew you guys have had... and have you had any negative experiences with old aged beers?

In the Dec 07 Zymurgy Charlie Papazian reviewed bottles of homebrew going back to the first AHC competition that he had stored, and none of them went bad, some had not held up but most of them he felt were awesome...We're talking over 20 years worth of beers.

This is a great thread about one of our guys tasting 4-5 years of his stored brew.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/revisiting-my-classics-160672/

Beer's like wine, a lot of them improve with age....That's why stone has "vertical epic" with vintage, and people have vertical tasting parties

I made a beer that won't even be opened before 5 years go by on . https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/he...emorial-5-year-aged-barleywine-recipe-195096/

The first beer I brewed was a sweet stout. And I got 3 years out of it. But I didn't put any more bottles aside to see.

hey Revvy thanks for the link to that old post awesome ... just makin sure i wasnt going to regret drinking it ... But for an Extract amber 1.5yr old i must say it has improved very much from when i first consumed it .!

got a batch of ipa I wasn't real happy with, its been sitting in 'time out" for about 6 months now.

got a batch of ipa I wasn't real happy with, its been sitting in 'time out" for about 6 months now.

haha.. Same thing happened to me. I brewed a DFH 60 minute IPA clone in April. I wasn't too happy with it, and it kind of sat in the closet and I kind of forgot about it. I am drinking one right now. It cleared up real nice and it doesn't taste too bad. I am super pleased as to how clear it got. I have one more 22 ouncer left. I am going to have to restrain myself from popping the top on that one later. That is what happens with 8 months of patience. It wouldn't have lasted if it was this good back in April/May.

Back