Longest time passed by without brewing :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonofbeer

Reaction score
I was looking at the calender yesterday and its been over 2 months since i have brewed.
I even have 10gal of beer still sitting in the carboy.
Been super super busy at work and on my days off i have 2 other jobs that keep me busy plus on what little free time i have been doing a bathroom remodel project. Sad thing is, I know i am starting to run out of beer, And i dont really want to go buy some when i know i can make it.....

What is the longest time you have went without brewing because you havent had the time to do so?

I cant be the only one who miss's brewing, But dont have the time to make it happen. :(

The longest I've gone is probably 2 months also. When it gets cold, I can never work up the guts to warm up the garage and brew. It helps that I have a heated garage, but it's still hard to motivate myself when it's 0 degrees out.

It's been 10 years for me, possibly 11.

I brewed when I lived in Las Vegas and now I'm back (to brewing and Las Vegas too).

All of the gear was in the attic, slightly dusty, but ready to go.

I'm brewing a New Castle clone tomorrow during the Steelers game.

Generally I don't brew from october through january (so I can buy christmas presents) but this year I did a bit better with my budgeting. Now I can brew through the season!

Can't beat 11 years, but I often go 6 months without brewing. Then make 3-4 batches in a few weeks.

i think the longest i've gone between brewing batches has been 3 or 4 months. i know i've said it in years past, but my goal for next year is to try to brew once a month and bottle once a month. ;)

about 1.5 mos has been the longest since I started AG. Now I enjoy keeping us stocked up on beers on deck.

On deck now:
strawberry alarm clock
old fezziwig clone
Autumn spiced braggot
Haus Pale Ale

:D

About 4 monhts for me. I am trying harder to brew more often so that I dont have a 3 month gap and then have to brew non-stop to make sure that I dont run out of beer in the future.

Several years. 4 or 5 I think?

I tended to burst brew a few meads and a batch of good beer, then would screw up a beer and quit brewing while the mead aged for a couple years in the bottle.

Finally got my act together though!

Yeah...life gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it?! I'm running low on homebrew too...been at least a month and a half since I brewed. As a few others mentioned though, having a few batches of mead in various stages of processing helps scratch the itch....

Havent gotten into making mead or wine yet.
Its something i want to do, If no other reason to make the wife quit having to buy Mikes Strawberry margarita fruit juice sort of thing that somehow they label beer. She likes fruity sweet wine, But she can put away 1/2 bottle in a night without a problem.
Found a couple brands that she likes that are under $10.00 and i am saving the bottles for one day ? ? if that day ever makes it.:tank:

Making beer is fun, Just the only downside is time.
Work...work...work.....And not much time for fun :(

Seven years is tops for me. I usually go a few months at a time without making anything and then I'll make 3 or 4 batches in a matter of two weeks. I usually brew more in the fall and winter because of the weather here in Ohio. I can lager in my garage in January/February where the temperature is usually low to mid 40's. Spring and summer I'm spending most of the time outside and I don't like firing up the burner in July and August since it's already too hot/humid (even at night).

Back