Longer Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoZzyFresh

Reaction score
just curious. I have a "baltic-ish porter" that fermented in 7 days on a previous batch and is now on day 9 in primary with a fair layer of foam and still bubbling about every minute. We did add more brown sugar to the boil this time than last so im thinking that may be the culprit because the temp has been maintained perfectly between 64-68 F the whole time and for all previous batches. Using Wyeast NW Ale this time as opposed to Ringwood Ale previously so that could be affecting things too, i thought it was just a little odd.

Different yeast, different OG, different results. No surprises there, just changing one of those would make a difference.

Yep. It sounds like you have a big beer, and those take a while to ferment out. "More brown sugar" is a bit of a clue, there. That Northwest Ale can take its time, too, but it's a good yeast and a dependable fermenter. I wouldn't worry. Just let it do its thing.

TL

Back