Long Time, First Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gosabrez

Reaction score
Long time reader here, first time posting. Just got into brewing a few weeks ago but have been using this site to read and learn quite a bit over the past few months. This place is a great reference tool and it seems to have many knowledgeable people!

Don't know how people normally do introductions but I live in Niagara Falls, NY, bought a starter kit from Midwest, and decided to start kegging right from the start. Made the Big Ben EPA a few weeks ago and have been trying to get the carbonation right. Now I am really looking forward to do my next batch.

Welcome and congrats on the first batch! Is EPA an English Pale? I haven't seen that abbreviation before.

What do you have planned for batch 2? I have to recommend getting it going ASAP, as a pipeline of good beer is essential (at least for me) to being able to wait long enough for my beers to age properly.

I shortened the English Pale Ale to EPA (not Environmental Protection Agency).

I wanted to make sure I have my process down correctly and ordered the Smithwick's and Blue Moon Kits from Austin. At least from these I could compare to the store bought and see if I am "close".

I definitely want to let the next two age a bit, but was more anxious to see how I did the first time around.

Back