Long Term Bottle Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhay_x7

Reaction score
I have a Brett beer that I would like to store long term in my wine fridge so I was thinking of corking and capping (not caging) the beer in order to prevent liquid contact with the beer cap (wine fridge storage so the beers will be on their side). Does anyone see an issue with doing this?

jhay_x7 said:
I have a Brett beer that I would like to store long term in my wine fridge so I was thinking of corking and capping (not caging) the beer in order to prevent liquid contact with the beer cap (wine fridge storage so the beers will be on their side). Does anyone see an issue with doing this?
beer should be stored upright so the yeast cake packs at the bottom of the bottle, not all the way down the side.

Also, being Brett you need to be absolutely sure it's done and heavy glass bottles or they will explode or blow out the cork and cap for sure!

Back