Long Strange Tripel Boulevard clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been doing lots of searching for a partial mash recipe for Boulevard's Long Strange Tripel and I haven't had any luck. I was wondering if anyone has a tried to brew this or has any tips/recipes. I know Boulevard's web site has the ingredients but it doesn't tell you how much or when to add the hops or gives me a breakdown for a partial mash for 5 gallons. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to get this brewing for spring/summer time.

Thanks!
Kyle

I know I'm late, but I just emailed boulevard. Will try to remember and let you know what I get back. I doubt they'll break down a partial mash for you; you will most likely need to convert it yourself.

He replied today. There's information on their site http://www.boulevard.com/BoulevardBeers/long-strange-tripel/

Below are his comments.

I suggest using Wyeast 3787.

Pale Malt – 88.8
Munich Malt – 4.1
Malted Wheat – 3.5
Flaked Oats – 3.6
We add dextrose to the kettle midway through the boil to see a gravity increase of 1 degree Plato.

• Single infusion mash @ 149F for 60 minutes

This sounds good. We do a multistep infusion, but that’s something that’s probably not possible with your setup.

Kettle 1/2 full – Magnum for 8.7 IBUs
15 minutes into boil – Magnum for 8.7 IBUs
40 minutes before end of boil – Saphir for 13 IBUs

We cool the wort to 19C and then ferment at 21 C.

I saw the breakdown on their web site but I was hoping someone else out there has tried a partial mash recipe and was hoping for some successful results and recipes. I could convert your recipe to a partial mash for the most part. You will have to let me know how it turns out.

I emailed them and the recipe shown here is from their response. I wound up with 9 ounces munich, wheat, and flaked oats along with 8 ounces dextrose which is added mid-boil. Mash it all with a couple of pounds of 2-row and add DME up to 1.080 and you should be good to go.

Back