Long shot - Yellow cherries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
There are two yellow cherry trees on my property. One has small, tart cherries. The other large, sweet ones. Both are pure yellow, not yellow with a red blush like Rainier. The sweet one is probably a Gold variety, but I can't find anything about tart yellow cherries.

Opinions?

There are two yellow cherry trees on my property. One has small, tart cherries. The other large, sweet ones. Both are pure yellow, not yellow with a red blush like Rainier. The sweet one is probably a Gold variety, but I can't find anything about tart yellow cherries.

Opinions?

I did a quick search (google) using the terms "cherries yellow" and then went to images...
There were a few pics of pure yellow cherries. Hoping to learn more, I went to a couple of websites where those pics were & gleaned a nugget of info here:
http://cazort.net/photos/yellow-sweet-cherries

It's not much, but it does say where those cherries were grown; maybe you can contact the grower & get more info.
Here's a site that has a pic of yellow cherries, but nothing mentions yellow cherries specifically, again, you may be able to get more info from them, it's a "pick your own" orchard:
http://www.samascott.com/FAQs.html

I know it's not much to go on, but it's better than nothing. Also, give your county extension agent a call, I'm sure they'll know quite a bit about those yellow cherries.
Regards, GF.

GF - I did the search before posting here. Whomever posted that first picture knows nothing about cherries or nutrition. The sweet cherries have better flavor than any red cherries I've ever eaten. "darker-colored fruits and vegetables tend to be more nutritious, higher in vitamins and antioxidants." Nonsense, what matters is the ripeness at picking.

I didn't realize you were looking for nutritional info, I thought you were simply looking for cultivar names, growth habits, flavour profiles & possibly origin. I was just tryin to help.
Regards, GF.

Back