Long Island IPA's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your welcome.:mug: I think the water has a lot to do with it, thats why the bagels and pizza are so good as well.
other half/barrier/great south bay? where did you go ?

Yup...Many brewery options these days, most are pretty awesome. We have hop farms popping up too. The average bar tap has at least 10 craft brews ( not all from LI) but always a few

What did you try?

Yup...Many brewery options these days, most are pretty awesome. We have hop farms popping up too. The average bar tap has at least 10 craft brews ( not all from LI) but always a few

What did you try?

didn't take notes...LOL But I brought back two bottles:
Greenport Harbor---Otherside IPA

Great South Bay....Hopsy Dazy IPA

Montauck (sp)....IPA

Exciting times for beer drinkers on Long Island. The bucket list of LI beers to try is growing faster than I can drink them. Mostly very good stuff. The distributer near me rotates a nice selection of local brews on tap at the Growler station.

We BBQ folks are hoping Greenport can return to hosting a KCBS championship BBQ competition event next year.

Montauk Session IPA is my go to kayak fishing beer, nice flavor without the ABV (and cans fit nicely in my small cooler). I picked up Waver Crasher this weekend.

I know it's now part of an evil empire, Blue Point's reputation was well earned, Toasted Lager has become the benchmark of LI beer, and being able to have a Hopitcal Illusion at a Ducks game is one of life's little pleasures for we hop heads.

Blue point may be the evil empire. But a visit to their brewery yields 6-10 different IPAs on a given Saturday. Well worth the trip. I still frequent the brewery during my monthly trips to the town of Blue Point visiting the inlaws. Greenport is a solid stop when getting off the ferry. I have found GSB to be disappointing but am willing to give them another shot. Crooked ladder is good and Destination Unknown has some high quality IPAs

Long time Disappointed BP fan here.

Exciting times for beer drinkers on Long Island. The bucket list of LI beers to try is growing faster than I can drink them. Mostly very good stuff. The distributer near me rotates a nice selection of local brews on tap at the Growler station.

We BBQ folks are hoping Greenport can return to hosting a KCBS championship BBQ competition event next year.

Montauk Session IPA is my go to kayak fishing beer, nice flavor without the ABV (and cans fit nicely in my small cooler). I picked up Waver Crasher this weekend.

I know it's now part of an evil empire, Blue Point's reputation was well earned, Toasted Lager has become the benchmark of LI beer, and being able to have a Hopitcal Illusion at a Ducks game is one of life's little pleasures for we hop heads.

I was at a seafood restaurant and had a Montauk IPA but don't know if it was as session or not. I followed it w/a Founders IPA and liked the Montauk MUCH BETTER. Both were on Tap. :mug:

Back