long haired people unite!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregR

Reaction score
ok, so after 4.5 years in the navy I decided to go as long as I possibly could and NOT get a hair cut. (any prior service members can relate to this) but I've recently decided that if I'm going to grow my hair long for no other reason than that I can then I should do it for something.

that something is "locks of love", and they donates hair pieces to children who, through cancer or some other medical problem, lose their hair (if you haven't heard of it already). the minimum requirement for donation is 10 inches and it takes 6 or more donations to make just 1 hair piece. my hair is getting long but I still have a ways to go until I can donate. . . I was just wondering if I can get anyone else on the band wagon and donate their hair to a child who truly needs our hair.

it will take me at least another year to meet the requirements but I know there are some people on here who can do it right now or in the near future.

so what do you say? cut your locks for a child who lost their hair? I truly think this would be a great thing if we even got just enough people to make 1 hair piece.

I already do this. about every two years i cut off ten inches and donate it, looks like will be soon for me. i took some masurements the other day.

BTW if your hair has some gray in it and wont be fitting for a child they will forward it to an organization that does the same thing for womens cancer patients.

Sent mine to Wigs for Kids in 2006.
:)

hair2.jpg

I already do this. about every two years i cut off ten inches and donate it, looks like will be soon for me. i took some masurements the other day.

BTW if your hair has some gray in it and wont be fitting for a child they will forward it to an organization that does the same thing for womens cancer patients.

luckily no gray for me. :) but that is cool that you guys are already doing this! it'll probably be another year until I'm able to donate. (it's been 1 year since my last hair cut).

I had long hair for 5 years. I reached the point where I hated taking care of it and pulling it back every every morning.

About a year ago I had it cut off and donated 14 inches.

My wife does this routinely. It is a wonderful cause. If I could grow hair I would as well. Something about long hair and thin in the front just doesn't mix. Headblade ftw :)

My doctor grows his hair for Locks of Love. Very cool, what they're doing.

Two donations for me. My first ponytail was 22 1/2 inches and then I kept my hair short for a year (job) but later grew it out. My second was only 12 inches and then I shaved my head. I've been shaved for almost 3 1/2 years and don't think I'll ever grow another ponytail.

Back