Locale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmmmbeeeeer

Reaction score
So is there anywhere on this forum to find people near you tthat brew? I haven't seen it yet. Just wondering because I live in a pretty small town (40k people in the county) and was wanting to see about a homebrew club possibility.

I was wondering the same thing.

I have been through E-city, NC several times and pass the exit for it from 168 when on my fishing trips to OBX.

If you click on Groups at the top of the page it will take you into the "brewspace" section of the forum, in there are a lot of regional groups, such as mine, the Michigan Mashers. if there's not a group for your region or area, create one.

Then start a thread on the main forum, with a title like "Any North Carolina Brewers Here?" And link to the subforum, and create some threads in there. Also putting the link in your sigline is a great way to get the word out, and encourage other's to do the same. And anytime someone starts an intro thread that mentions your state, welcome them and send them a link to your subforum.

I think there's at least one North Carolina group on there. But if not create one.

That's how the Michigan Mashers got too be the largest subgroup on here. And folks from all around the state get together and brew and drink and hang out, and do group buys. We do a group grain buy in southeast michigan twice a year. I've met some of my now closest friends from creating the Michigan mashers, and finding a bunch of brewers in my area.

Groups page is an excellent research...I don't know how tech savy people are on this site but I would LOVE to see a location map...like google map but just has dots for the towns and cities of members of this site (maybe brew shops too).

That way you could just click your town or a nearby dot and see which members it is...

From what I understand the site will be launching "states" categories starting sometime next week.

I was wondering the same thing.

I have been through E-city, NC several times and pass the exit for it from 168 when on my fishing trips to OBX.

e-city is small and boring. OBX is awesome though, I usually work there over the summers. I love making money from tourists.

I agree with making a map. I am part of the Mr. Beer forum, they have that exact kind of map you spoke of. Its pretty cool to see who is brewing in your are.

One of the "hot rod" forums I belong to did the "states" sections. What an awesome idear. Brought a lot of guys together to hang out and also help each other work on our rigs. I also look forward to this feature here. :)

Gary

Back