Local Baltimore beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg123

Reaction score
I'm on a business trip in Baltimore for a few days. Anyone have any recommendations on what to taste here that I can't get in CA?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I think duclaw is mediocre. The food there is pretty good though. If your actually in baltimore then go to dog brew pub. Good place. For infinite taps of everything go to Maxs tap house. But a good maryland brewery is flying dog. Flying dog makes a beer called raging *****. One of my fav maryland beers. Def pick some of that up. Oh yeah, I'm not sure how much dogfish head you can get in Cali but there's plenty in maryland.

http://flyingdogales.com

definitely check out DuClaw (but stay away from their Sweet Baby Jesus - YUCK). flying dog is almost local (from frederick, MD, about 45 mins away), check out "The Truth" if you like DIPAs. Evolution Brewing is a fav of mine, especially their barrel-aged stuff.

Clipper City is labeled as Heavy Seas, so be on the lookout for that when hunting for Loose Cannon. should be easy to find.

some links:
http://baltimore.thedrinknation.com/articles/read/8392-20-Maryland-Breweries-Brewpubs-To-Visit
http://www.marylandbeer.org/default.asp?iId=LIILE (use the "Brewing Companies" menu, includes a Google Map)

there are also some DC breweries you might keep an eye out for: 3 Stars, DC Brau (try the On The Wings of Armageddon, if you can find some).

tg123 said:
I'm on a business trip in Baltimore for a few days. Anyone have any recommendations on what to taste here that I can't get in CA? Thanks in advance.

There is a place on n Charles street called the brewers art. They have 2 Belgian style brews that are local favorites. One is Ozzy and the other is resurrection ale. You will find resurrection at 40% of the local bars. There is a bar in canton called smaltimore that always has a lot of local stuff on tap And they are usually pretty cheap. Full tilt came out with an imperial pumpkin this year that is still around and very good. And lastly there is Pratt st ale house. If you are staying in the harbor they are across from the convention center.

Heavy Seas and DuClaw. Also have offerings from Peobody Heights which does the Raven Beer, Full Tilt and Public Works brands. If you are near fells point I highly recommend Max's, over 50+ beers on tap.

I was just in Baltimore a few weeks ago and stopped at the Heavy Seas Alehouse. They have Loose Cannon in a cask and I must say it was DELICIOUS. Not usually a fan of Loose Cannon (or Heavy Seas in general) but casked it was awesome. It's in the Little Italy section of the city.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Stillwater Artisanal Ales.

They don't have a brew pub but "Of love and regret" has a ton of their beers on tap and is a generally awesome, albeit expensive, beer bar.

Max's taphouse is also nice, but be prepared for a large college crowd if you hit it later in the day or evening.

natty boh.JPG

kidding.

+1 for Loose Cannon (seriously)

Thanks guys. I just had an IPA by Loose Cannon and it was yummy. I went to DuClaws as well but wasn't too impressed by their IPA but it was definitely cheap (happy hour).

I also walked around Walmart looking for beer realizing late that they don't sell alcohol there or in grocery stores... I'll definitely look for the others to guys suggested. Thanks everyone!

I love Heavy Seas. Loose Cannon is great, but try their seasonals or big barrel offerings. Flying Dog is very good. Also have enjoyed Brewer's Art. Their Resurrection is a good cold weather beer.

Latest posts

Back