Livin' the Dream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarleyWater

Reaction score
Well guys and gals, due in large part to all the help that I have received here the past couple years, also an interview I heard on the Brewing Network and my wife's encouragement, I decided to go to brew school. I just finished the Concise Course in Brewing Technology at Siebel a couple weeks ago, went to my local craft brewery, and got myself a job in the brewing business. I am now the cellar worker at Franconia Brewing Company :ban::ban::rockin::ban::ban:

I went in to talk to the Brewmaster yesterday morning after talking to their other brewer last week, and they were impressed by my passion for beer, so I am their new cellar worker. I think they were almost surprised at how involved and knowledgeable in beer I am, and it's through the help of HBT. I get to do all the grunt work (keg washing and filling, mash tun cleaning, etc.) and watch them brew beer, it's gonna be awesome (really). I'm stoked to be working doing what I love to do, and soon enough I'll be brewing beers for all to enjoy.

We are a pretty small brewery that's been around for just over a year, with our beers only on tap mostly just in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but we have plenty of room for expansion and have plans to begin bottling in the near future. We are a traditional German style brewery with 3 main beers in our lineup, along with a few seasonals. Any of you HBT'ers in DFW, and I know there's plenty, look for Franconia next time your out at the Flying Saucer or the Ginger Man, and keep an eye out for it at other spots in the area.

EDIT: Why aren't my damn bananas dancin'?
EDIT 2: They started dancin'

Congrats on being able to do what you love, that's really awesome. I would love to be doing something in the beer industry besides consuming. Good luck and keep us in the loop on ya'll expansion whereabouts. BTW your bananas are dancing.

Awsum! I hope it doesn't turn in a "JOB" for you!

I hope that doesn't happen either, but everyone there seems really cool, as most people in the industry seem to be. I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I'm sure I'm gonna love it.

Back