little help here plz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren97

Reaction score
i live in a country where i cant find tools for homebrewing easily
so i would have to buy them from internet. But i didnt want to spend
too much making cheap alcohol. i thought id make it at my first shot and
planned it to be my first and last. i searched youtube and did as i was
told to do not exactly but similarly. On my first attempt i bought an orange juice
about 1L in plastic bottle, dry yeast for bread making,1kgbag of sugar. i emptyed
half of the orange juice into an empty bottle the i added 1/3of sugar to each then i
poured yeast 50 50. after this remembered too much sugar would be meaningless
because theres a limit to producing alchohol and all yeast would die eventually. I didnt
want to end up with sugary booze so i poured water to each until they reached 3/4 of bottle. Then i made a terrible mistake i left the bottles closed for the night. When i woke up i could feel it was very stiff plus the bottle wasnt designed to endure pressure it was just a normal.plastic bottle. I tried to open it like opening a shaken coke bottle. But as soon as i slightly turned the opening it flew out and gas first came out then the juice exploded like volcano. I got my floor messed up chair got wet soon had to throw away
the juice got it rusty desk all wet and slicky. Thank god i did not face my bed. I was late for work and took me 2 days to get everything back to normal. I left it just a little.bit opened so carbon dioxide could be released. It seemed to build.up its alcohol level but need more time to turn all sugar to alcohol. I wanted to start fresh so i threw em out. Second attempt i did not.make a mess but i decided to make wine so i used grape juice. This was a failure cuz i opened them to often and went through 2nd fermentation and tasted like.acid. This is my third attempt im tired not going to quit but im not going to buy tools for fermenting. This time i thought it would.be.nice to see the yeast as it ferments. So im going to use water sugar and yeast. Any advice plz things like yeast sugar water ratio by the wayI want hard liquor. and how do i get rid of the remaing yeast Sorry.for.bad spelling im typing.this.from.my smart phone.

Well,1st of all,you have to be of legal drinking age on this site,or to order from American internet brewing supply sites,which is 21. And hard liquor is distilled off the fermented mash. Which is ileagall in all 50 states to do at home here.

Back