Little Giant Pump questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanMoore

Getting the banned back together
Reaction score
I just scored a little giant 4-MDX-SC pump for next to nothing on craigslist. It's whisper quiet and can easily pump ~20 gpm, but it's only rated for 150F. I'm confident it will be fine for my pre-boil pump needs, but I'd really like to use a pump for whirlpooling and chilling too. Does anyone know if the pump heads from the various LG-4-series pumps are interchangeable? It seems like they would be, and I'd really like to get a ryton head (HC model) for this pump if I can find one at a reasonable price.

I also just got some 1/2" camlocks and silicone tubing for x-mas. The intake and discharge are both 1", and I'm wondering if there are any issues with narrowing everything down to 1/2"? It seemed to work fine during a quick test, but I haven't really been able to put it through the paces yet.

Thanks in advance-

IMG00013-20101230-2117.jpg

Write the company to be sure but I would think that you would be able to interchange with a ryton head. Good luck and good job finding such a sweet deal. Only issue that I can think of is that there will be more pressure on your system meaning it will be more prone to leaks. You should be fine though

Back