Listermann Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lembeck2001

Reaction score
This will most likely be a question for Cincinnati only residents.

How many of you have tried Listermann's extract kits and have you had success/been happy with them? So far, their kits are all I have tried. Most of the batches I have made are still too green to judge. Just wondering if anyone else has an opinion?

Just curious after hearing so much about Northern and Midwest around here.

I have not used Listermann's extract kits myself, but everything I've heard has been good.

I have a friend that so far has made 3 brews with their kits, and he says they're good. I tasted one, a nut brown ale, and thought it was delicious!

I've done a few, and yes-they are good. Those guys have been around a while and seem to have a good nack for recipe formulation.

I'm not anywhere near Cincinnati, but I did several of their kits when I started and they were all good enough to keep me brewing.
In fact I just got a shipment from them today. The free shipping east of the Mississippi helps too.

Getting ready to do my second kit, the first kit turned out real good. First Kit was the Dunkel Wiezen and it was a hit with the friends. Free Shipping under $35 east of the Mississippi, depending on the kit cost allows you to pick up a few extra small items, that you normally have to spend on shipping. They are pretty quick also, usually goes out same day if you order in that am.

I've been brewing with Listermann's kits for about year now. I've been extremely pleased with my results. They sell so much extract that it's always fresh. Their American IPA is great just the way it is but I've been adding an extra .5oz of dry hops to what they call for. Also the brown porter could use a little more chocolate malt next time. What I really like about Listermann's is they always seem genuinely interested in the questions of new brewers. Welcome to HBT and let me know if I can help you out in any way. RR:mug:

Listermann is my home brew store. I live about 20 mins away. I've brewed an Amber Ale, Gomez Lager, and Dunkel. The Amber and Gomez are excellent, and although the Dunkel was highly recommended by Will and Alan (great guys who work there) I was not impressed. It had a strong caramel-like after taste that I really didn't care for.
I have another Amber in primary right now and am looking forward to kegging it!
FYI, I've also bought IPA kits from Northern Brewer, and while they are more 'big league' from a shipping/organization perspective, I prefer Listermann.

Back