Liquidsolutions? Make me eat my words!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landhoney

Reaction score
I know the don't have this(http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/product/608782668922.htm) stuff, but the website is probably just not updated regularly. Why does it show they have 6? Why choose 6? Six pack...you'll never see this stuff in a six pack.
I just ordered them anyway, and it let me, but this has happened before, internet shows in-stock but they don't have it.
Is there a legitimate reason why a website that allows you to order online would not update quantities real-time when orders are placed and paid for? Too difficult?
I think its a scam to get you to buy more/other beers. We have the ability to take orders online...but updating our quantities, we're not NASA.:rolleyes:
Just ranting because there's 0% chance I'm getting this beer from them and it pisses me off that they still get my hopes up.

Anybody got my back on calling this place repeatedly for this beer until they remove it from the 'instock' ? Help stop the crushing of hopes of fellow beer geeks thinking they lucked out and found this rare gem?
Of course if I do recieve the beer I will be all to happy to eat my words and apologize repeatedly.

This is actually a local bottle shop for me. Or at least it was when I first lived in Oregon 7 years ago. From the site it looks likes they've moved though. Anyway, the owner was a really genuine nice guy. He was and I imagine still a member of the Oregon Brew Crew (Portland based HBC). Instead of taking his love for beer to the level of being a brewer he and his wife opened a bottle shop. I say give them the benefit of the doubt. Pick up the phone and call them and chat. Matt Maples is the owner.

landhoney said:
Is there a legitimate reason why a website that allows you to order online would not update quantities real-time when orders are placed and paid for? Too difficult?

Yes, it can be too difficult/expensive.

It can be prohibitively expensive for a small outfit to connect their point of sale system (the register at checkout) at a retail outfit to their online store.

It can even be very hard to connect an online sales package to your warehouse/order filling/shipping systems.

While these things are possible, the requirements for the various systems, the business system knowledge required to manage the project as well as the need to stay in operation while they are implemented can keep small businesses from moving to an integrated system for both retail sales and internet sales.

My rant was a little harsh, I'm sure they're good guys interested in selling great beers. I just hate getting my hopes up only to find out its all for naught. And thanks for the info kornkob,et al. I'm in a better mood today I guess and not so critical as last night after working a 13 hour day. :D

Oh-- to be sure it is frustrating and it can create some serious growing pains for small retail outlets trying to expand into the internet space. In fact, less nimble established busineses can be knocked over by small, new competition that comes in already set up to leverage the power of an integrated system that takes care of both itnernet sales and POS needs.

Since the new busienss can install a system at the outset that leverages tools that apply to both roles and bury the cost in their startup budgets they can be better positioned to drive forward and build happy customers in both spaces.

It's in that transition thatpeople like you come along, get frustrated and start to look around at other businesses instead of the place that you 'usually go'.

i've never ordered from liquid solutions, but they probably default your order to 6 because they build your shopping cart based on the packaging of your beer. they minimize shipping costs by encouraging smart packaging.

pannepot isn't super-rare or anything. if liquid solutions doesn't work out try southbay (http://southbaydrugsandliquor.googlepages.com/beerscurrentlyavailable). they have it listed and i have heard wonderful things about them.

it's a great beer, very complex. definitely worth seeking out. my personal tasting notes:
Bottle. Nose is intense spice. Nutmeg, anise, mint, citrus, rasins, figs, candy-sweetness. Cola like look-- brown-black with solid brown head. Creamy palate with tons of flavor. Lots of what’s in the nose, with a burn in the finish. Thick and serious beer with purpose.

PseudoChef said:
I just tried to order and it says there aren't any left.

P.S. Brewtopia knows Matt and can vouch for him.

How can you order beer online? Nobody will ship to Tennessee.

I saw Pannepot at Belmont Station last week (bought two bottles for myself) I'll be driving back through Portland tomorrow so call me, landhoney if you'd like me to add a couple to your existing order. :mug:

Back