Link to keg setup??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irisndfan2

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any sticky threads for differnt keg setups. I am looking to get a fridge that can hold two kegs and have one draft tower with two handles.

Anyone have a link to a setup like this??

i mean more so like guys who bought everything seperate, and have pics of the fridge they bought and showing them drilling the holes and everything.

ON another note is that link you sent me a good deal? or would i be better off buying each piece seperately??

I can get some used kegs for 30 dollars right now.

Just do a search for keezer or head to the DIY section and there are a ton of different build posts where people have done what you are talking about. Here's a few in the project locator sticky.

As far as the kit vs piecing it together, its hard to tell. Really the only way is to figure out what you want, then take a look at the prices and see if there are any kits that fit what you are looking for. For instance, the kit jaycount linked to includes a draft tower. You could use the draft tower on either a mini-fridge or a chest freezer, but that's not the only way to go (picnic taps, collared keezer, couple of holes through a fridge door, etc.).

The used kegs are probably a pretty good deal depending on what type they are. Lately, ball lock kegs have been going up in price and a quick check says they're running about $45-50 a piece at some of the online stores. Pin locks are a little cheaper ($35-40), but still a decent deal for the ones you can get.

I am using a Sanyo 4912 for my kegerator with two kegs and a 5 lb CO2 tank with a dual regulator. I discovered that both kegs as well as the CO2 tank and both regulators fit in the fridge without having to remove the door shelves! I haven't completed the modification as I just got the last of the parts last week, but I found this how-to link to be very helpful for me:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/sanyo-4912-kegerator-conversion-19762/

The search function in the top right corner is very good. If I were you, I would do some searching and see what kinds of setups people have used and see if there is something similar that might work for you.

I have the sanyo kegerator and can fit 3 kegs and the bottle.

You must have a commercial pre-made Sanyo kegerator?

There's NO way that the 4910, 4911 or 4912 can fit 3 kegs unless maybe the third was a 3 gallon and on the back shelf with the gas outside the kegerator.

nunyafnb said:
You must have a commercial pre-made Sanyo kegerator?

There's NO way that the 4910, 4911 or 4912 can fit 3 kegs unless maybe the third was a 3 gallon and on the back shelf with the gas outside the kegerator.

It is, the bcs1206 or something. Actually can fit four if your bottle is external.

Back