line and shank length for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzCraft

Reaction score
I'm putting together a supply order for a keezer build and am planning on buying a setup from kegconnection with some modifications based primarily on things I've picked up on HBT (you guys are killing my wallet, you know!).

Anyway, their kits come with 5' of 3/16 beer line....should I ask for longer line? I currently pretty much brew only ale styles.

Also, what shank length do most people go with in a typical keezer build, using a collar?

Thanks. More build questions to come, undoubtedly!

Everyone has different opinions on line length. There are numerous calculators that are supposed to give you what you need. That being said, I'd recommend (and I'm not the only one) to use 10' minimum lines starting out.

For the shank length, it depends on your collar thickness. I use 2" wood (1 1/2" thick) and have three inch shanks. They are just long enough to work and not extend too far into the keezer.

Everyone has different opinions on line length. There are numerous calculators that are supposed to give you what you need. That being said, I'd recommend (and I'm not the only one) to use 10' minimum lines starting out.

For the shank length, it depends on your collar thickness. I use 2" wood (1 1/2" thick) and have three inch shanks. They are just long enough to work and not extend too far into the keezer.

Thanks, I'll go with that and shorten lines as needed. This will hopefully circumvent having to ask later why I'm gettting so much foam! :mug:

I use 5' lines and I think my shanks are 4" (on a 1.5" thick collar). I've got about an inch of thread showing out the back, but it's not a big deal.

I realize you are building a Keezer, but I haven't converted my fridge in the garage to a full Keezer. I have everything inside and when I pour a beer, I reach in and grab the picnic taps I installed. I was able to keep the lines at 2.5 feet by adding those spiral shanks you insert down the out tube. It slows the pour just a little but gives no foam and I was able to keep the fridge free of tube clutter.

Latest posts

Back