Lindemans Framboise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett3rThanU

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to clone Lindemans Framboise? I know it's not a true lambic since they sweeten the drink, so it should be easier to make right? I'm not really a fan of the stuff, but my fiance absolutely loves the stuff and I'd earn some major brewing points with her if I made a batch. I'd want to do an all-grain recipe, but honestly don't even know where to begin. Any help is much appreciated guys.

I should also add I've done a fruit beer before, but I don't know how different this would be. My strawberry blonde pretty much lost all the sweetness due to fermentation, which is certainly not how the Framboise tastes.

I agree. It would be hard to replicate Lindeman's. Even though they backsweeten the living crap out of it, its still made in true lambic fashion.

Authentic production technique:

First you make two or three different lambics, one per year so they will be aged different amounts. Then you add a ton of raspberries to one of the beers and wait for them to ferment out. Finally, you blend beer from the various batches (getting sourness from the older ones and fermentable sugars to ensure bottle carbonation from the younger) and add a bunch of non fermentable artificial sweetner to make sure it will still be sweet even after bottle conditioning.

Not an easy process!

If you don't have two to three years to put into this, you could try making a regular wheat beer, doing a secondary fermentation with raspberries, then adding both lactic acid and artificial sweetener at bottling time. It wouldn't taste the same (nowhere near as much complexity) but would at least tickle the same "fruity, sweet + sour at the same time" buds.

The best article I've seen on Lambics was in Scientific American in August 1996. Well worth reading if you are interested.

Personally, I don't find Lindemans Framboise overly sweet. I've sampled a number of others on tap in Belgium and find this bottled version quite good.

Cheers,
Paul

Here is another recipe if you're interested, dunno how it stacks up to the other one but just FYI.

http://***********/stories/recipes/...ian-lambic-and-sour-ale/1781-lindemans-lambic

How bout fermenting and aging for 12-24 months.. then add camden tablet and juice concentrate to reach desired sweetness..force carb and bottle with a counter pressure filler? Im sure this would work

Anyone have the Aaron Packard Munk's Breath recipe? I made that beer years back and it got me laid like a sunafabitch. My GF is asking for this beer so I should make it again but the link is dead.

Cool, thanks for posting that. I searched wayback before posting but it didn't come up. Thanks for finding that for me. My penis appreciate your efforts as I'm sure it will be rewarded for making my GF this beer...

Back